Muganic

Are those Oz cars same as U S made Plymouth P15....the serial number beginning with a letter on the driver's side of the block, and also

stamped into the frame behind the left rear wheel about where the gas tank filler neck is located.  I had to scrape on the frame in order

to make the numbers show up.  

DSC02072.jpg

greg g - no overdrive on my car and it is a three speed manual shift, commonly called a ‘three on the tree’ in Oz - don’t know if that is a universal term.

BobT - I think they are the same as a Canadian P15 but don’t quote me! The Dodge has a 25” 230 motor - I think! There is an engine number on the left hand side of the block, a body number on the left side of the firewall in the engine bay, and a vehicle number on the right hand side of the firewall in the engine bay which I have only just found and can’t believe it took me so long to find it. Apparently the vehicle number is usually on the A pillar. Haven’t had a look yet to see if the engine number is replicated on the left rear chassis rail - thanks for the pic.

C9BDAFCF-44A8-4B06-B5EF-7BB3CC2C5723.jpeg

Edited by Muganic

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

It's called a three on the tree in the states as well, sometimes you'll also hear it called a bolt action shifter, but those guys are characters, lol.

Showing my age, but it was simply a "column shift" or "column mounted shifter" where and when I was raised. Only vehicles around with a floor mounted shift lever at that time were trucks and really old (1930s and earlier) cars.

Only started being called "three on the tree", in a tongue in cheek manner, when sportier cars in the 1960s started getting "four on the floor" shifters.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 4:28 PM, BobT-47P15 said:

Are those Oz cars same as U S made Plymouth P15....the serial number beginning with a letter on the driver's side of the block, and also

stamped into the frame behind the left rear wheel about where the gas tank filler neck is located.  I had to scrape on the frame in order

to make the numbers show up.  

DSC02072.jpg

My Dodge is the same as a P18, the motor being a 25” 218. I had a look on the left rear chassis, pic attached, just ‘M   RP18L’

691C4DD1-B1F4-4301-8977-4B64ACB42455.jpeg