First Drive of 2021

RobertKB

43 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan, arctic breezes whistling down from Canada picking up moisture to dump on me was a childhood memory I do not care to relive.  I was a paper boy back in my youth and I still vividly remember trudging thru chest deep snow delivering the paper during the blizzard of '79.

My dad always talks about the winter of '79, when the guy on the corner had a VW bug and the Oshkosh Plow went thru and pushed snow under the car and lifted it on top of a 5' foot snow bank.

I know of what you speak. We lived in front of an open field and when I was a kid we would go sled down the 12-18' drifts in our back yard. The winter of '79 was bad, but we set snow fall records in '08-'09 for our area. Blow snow every other day.

Edited by ccudahy
  • Like 1

Awesome. Snow in Texas!

It's still dark here. Weather is favourable. My '53 is out and staged....Make a big production out of just a drive? Yes indeed I will. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saskwatch said:

Robert, - I’m wondering what day & how warm it has to get on that given day, before you roll out your 51’ D39  B Coupe & stretch it’s legs? ...... we hope you share a photo of that also . ?

I would have had it out already but it is blocked by my ‘63 Ford ? Fairlane 500 that has the engine out right now for a rebuild. It’ll be a couple of months probably. 

It’s road conditions that determine if they go out. Icy or chemical laden roads keep the cars in. Cold doesn’t bother me as my oldies all have good heaters. I’ve driven the ‘48 Dodge at -20F. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Awesome. Snow in Texas!

It's still dark here. Weather is favourable. My '53 is out and staged....Make a big production out of just a drive? Yes indeed I will. ?

Looking forward to the pics. You always do a nice job of those. 

I’m in the January drive club. Finally. It’s the first Canadian winter I think that I’ve had it out in January. 

Blue clear skies and roads.  They say its snowing in Texas today. ?

BE43A928-C2D4-4A66-8C07-12950C71E613.jpeg

5128F33C-931B-4A37-BACE-F15DC17664EC.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

I’m in the January drive club. Finally. It’s the first Canadian winter I think that I’ve had it out in January. 

Blue clear skies and roads.  They say its snowing in Texas today. ?

BE43A928-C2D4-4A66-8C07-12950C71E613.jpeg

5128F33C-931B-4A37-BACE-F15DC17664EC.jpeg

Congratulations on the January drive in the Chrysler! Hopefully, you'll be able to get a few more in before/if the weather changes. Great pictures, especially the first one! Too bad all our winters can't be like this!

Your Chrysler is stunning by-the-way!

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Congratulations on the January drive in the Chrysler! 

Your Chrysler is stunning by-the-way!

Thank you Robert. Your example encouraged me to get my car out too. Plus, its not too often a Canuck can challenge a southern US location for January weather. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 55 Fargo said:

Texas shows no snow on NOAA website.

I believe I mentioned my Dad's opinion of weathermen, lol.  

I don't know when it started snowing, I went to bed at 2300, no snow.  Woke up at 0400, snow.  So sometime in those 5 hours, probably closer to bedtime than wake up since here was a nice blanket when I woke up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 55 Fargo said:

Up here we will have snow on  ground til April...lol

Yes, but you’re in Manitoba, home of Winterpeg. In southern Alberta we’ve had two snowfalls so far this winter with warmer temperatures quickly following. Snow went quickly. Ground has been snow free 90% of the time. Right now 7C or 45F. Lovin’ it!!

16 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Yes, but you’re in Manitoba, home of Winterpeg. In southern Alberta we’ve had two snowfalls so far this winter with warmer 9temperatures quickly following. Snow went quickly. Ground has been snow free 90% of the time. Right now 7C or 45F. Lovin’ it!!

Not very cold here at all. And for weeks already not much snow and none til December that stayed in ground. While its not 7c its about -1 c 

Mid November it was 20 c 1 sunday.

Did I mention Manitoba has real hot summers and real humid. Alberta summer is cold comparisons, if you don't have AC here you will roast at night..

Edited by 55 Fargo