D & M Restoration

Marcel Backs

hi

Is anyone on the forum familiar with D&M restoration from Greenville South Carolina? They restore gauges for antique cars. Seems their tel numbers do not work anymore. I have my 40 D14 instrument panel there and am  kinda sweating bullets. Anyone have any info?

All the Best!

I was just playing with Frank's quote about engine swapping. BTW D and M phones are back up and I was talking to them today. Technical difficulties had their phone system malfunctioning all day yesterday. I guess I freaked out a bit since my instrument panel was already lost in transit on the way down there and I went through UPS hell to get it from Quebec to South Carolina. Sorry I may have caused alarm to anybody else. Does anyone on the site have any info on a supplier for early Dodge interiors? 

best wishes and much success in your endeavours,

Marcel

PS staying safe for me involves spending way more time in the garage working on my car giving a silver lining to the cloud which is presently overhead. We gotta beat this so the car shows can start back up!

ok, I did not see anything about the engine swap mentioned...only that advertisers still use Hemmings to hawk their goods and services...where services in this topic was that of instrument repairs.....

as for car shows...many like them....myself.....lets get them swap meets back up and running.......

I forgot the swap meets! You hit the nail on the head on that one Plymouthy. As for Hemmings, I used to buy all their issues until the magazine distributor out here went under because of present circumstances. Lots of needed parts were obtained though the bible of auto enthusiasts!

have a good weekend man!

I can tell you a number of folks have complained about services from x regions of the US....I have experienced that myself.  I got a Christmas card on the 9th that was mailed on 10 Dec. from this area.....this my friend is insane...!!  Some companies are very slow to respond as it is anyway.  Customer service has taken a nose dive in the last decade pretty much across all businesses.   Not sure when or if it will return a semblance of normal.

23 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I can tell you a number of folks have complained about services from x regions of the US....I have experienced that myself.  I got a Christmas card on the 9th that was mailed on 10 Dec. from this area.....this my friend is insane...!!  Some companies are very slow to respond as it is anyway.  Customer service has taken a nose dive in the last decade pretty much across all businesses.   Not sure when or if it will return a semblance of normal.

My wife has been selling things on Etsy. In general shipping by USPS hasn’t been too bad. But there was one package that sat in a post office in Indiana for 5 weeks before being delivered. My wife sends the tracking numbers to the buyers so they can see where the package is too. I am guessing that is why that customer did not complain to Etsy about my wife’s shipping practices.

Anyway, regardless of the “normal” USPS delivery times, there can be some really big exceptions.