1941 Starter solenoid

stoney1

Gentlemen,

I recently bought a 41 Chrysler C-28CW, the wiring is original, some good, some shaky. The reason I'm posting is to ask if anyone has an exploded view of this solenoid ( SS 4705 6V 4C). Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

This selenoid is hard to find eventhough used from 41-48 on Chrylser and Desoto cars.  and if you find one the cost will not be cheap. They did make repair kits but those are hard to find  just keep searching on ebay and also major car swap meets.

I had one with the starter motor but was given to a friend in Michigan that has a 1948 Desoto. 

Rich Hartungimage.png.e4921485150608b5d521eb1de811a3ae.pngAutolite Starter Controls Soleinods.pdf

Desoto1939@aol.com

Autolite Starter Controls.pdf

desoto1939,

Thank you for your help, I don't believe I was clear about my issue, my starter and solenoid appear to be rebuilt. I have checked the starter brushes, they appear to be new and installed correctly. I can run the motor without any problems. It's the solenoid that doesn't seem to be assembled correctly. So a good exploded view is what I am looking for, while I appreciate your PDF's, hard to make out the correct insulator stack and placement. Sorry if I wasn't clear about my needs.

Thanks, Jim