Tie rod ends

Looking for some help. I need to rebuild the front end on my ‘47 1.5 ton truck. Are these somewhat universal to something else as I have not been able to locate them. I didn’t want to tear apart anything until I find a good source for replacements. This is one item that an aftermarket upgrade could be used in my opinion. I will also be replacing king pin bushing but think that I should be able to make those if new ones are not available. Thank you, Kevin 

I just got tie rod ends for my '54 from Rock Auto, I had to search for them under a '53 though.  They fit perfectly with my Rusty Hope Conversion.  Only thing I needed to do was shorten my tie rod itself by 1/4" on each end. 

5 hours ago, 47 dodge 1.5 ton said:

What information did they need? Original part number? I’m guessing these are a standard size then? I have never dellt with them prior, I’ll give them a call. Thank you, Kevin

I see a couple of options under the bigger motors and my 1 ton was the 11/16” x 18 pitch thread so the 1 1/2 might be the same 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, Tooljunkie said:

I got a guy. 
Norm at Mid Canada Suspension. He really knows his stuff. Has some nos stuff too. He’s also a mopar guy from what i can tell. Ships everywhere.

He’s a dealer for Rare Parts, be cheaper to get it straight out of the US from them, but I have purchased from Norm as I’m in Canada 

Ok, back to the drawing board. I bought those from e-bay and they look to be 1 size too small. The major dia of mine will need to fit 1 1/8” shaft unless the threads are turned down. Just a quick check, the outside housing of the tie rod (currently on truck)measures 1 3/8”,  the new (still in box)ones that match the part number correctly are only 1 1/8”. It is possible that they were switched I guess? Does anyone have a Wf 1.5 ton that can measure the drag link shaft size? From what I can tell, my truck does match everything on the register for a ‘47 WF 1.5 ton except being manufactured in LA California. Thank you, Kevin

Moog has a chart for med/hd truck tie rods that might let you find a tie rod end by dimension that will work.  I've had to do that a couple of times for some oddball applications.  I found it easier searching for those in a parts book instead of online.  If you can find a parts store that has kept the parts books as backups, it may also have illustrations of the parts.  You are going to need about a half dozen specifications to get the best match and the criteria for those can be found online.