Go Fund Me. Fund yourself you lazy so and so.

Frank Elder

5 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

64 was the last year for boomers......

I was one of the first X'ers, born Feb of 65.  Three of my 4 kids are in the millennial age group, but they aren't millennials, lol.  My youngest is a gen z. 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

I was one of the first X'ers, born Feb of 65.  Three of my 4 kids are in the millennial age group, but they aren't millennials, lol.  My youngest is a gen z. 

Yes of course the phrase millennial has become kind of a catch phrase or generic term.......I prefer snowflake as my blanket statement......I had to look up who was who when.....lol.

1928 to 1945 is supposed to be the silent generation, even funnier because those people were never afraid to speak up when the feces hit the spinning device.

• Like 1

I'm a member of the age group with a birth date within the range,1928-1945,and I have to admit my people skills have been questioned on occasion...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, T120 said:

I'm a member of the age group with a birth date within the range,1928-1945,and I have to admit my people skills have been questioned on occasion...

I suspect those questionable people skills were more a case of not putting up with foolishness.  I mean, after all the depression, WWII, Korea and the bomb were the defining events of your formative years so some snowflake whining about his lack of ho hos is probably something you find hard to sympathize with, I know I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

.... so some snowflake whining about his lack of ho hos is probably something you find hard to sympathize with, I know I do.

To me it is not the snowflake's lack of ho ho's but it the expectation that someone else should buy and serve said ho ho's.  More to the point I have a serious lack of people skills especially with snowflakes.

• Like 1

I remember my first real job after I go to out of the Navy, now mind you this was after doing a couple deployments in the gulf, fighting with the Iranians and then the whole Desert Storm thing Iraq tried to pull.

Anyway, I was working at a semiconductor R&D facility keeping their stuff running.  The production bays had electric door openers that had a plate to press to in order to open the door.  Being years old some of them had to be pressed firmly so I got into the habit of just palm smacking them going in and out of the bay.  This particular day I was shuttling between a production bay, where the controls for the machine were located, and the service bay, where the problem was.  After I finally got the dang thing working the production manager called me to his office.  Seems someone complained about how I opened the doors, said it scared them.  I was dumbfounded that someone would go to a manager rather than just saying something to me.  After I thought about it a second or two I got irritated and told the production manager to tell whomever had an issue that this wasn't the third grade where you run to the teacher to whine and they needed to grow the F up. 

My first incident with the snowflake syndrome.

I never got into trouble because the manager I did work for was Navy as well, he was active reserve at the time and we had a lot of common thinking.  That production manager never talked to me again.  Problem solved, lol.  I wan;t there to make friends and influence enemies, I was there to fix broke stuff.

One aspect of the GoFundMe thing that I do appreciate is this... We're supposed to help those less fortunate and it's nice to see people trying to do exactly that. There are those who will play any system to their advantage but that's on them, not us. I'll give a pan-handler a couple of bucks if I feel like it and if I don't I walk on.. This is the same thing.

4 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

One aspect of the GoFundMe thing that I do appreciate is this... We're supposed to help those less fortunate and it's nice to see people trying to do exactly that. There are those who will play any system to their advantage but that's on them, not us. I'll give a pan-handler a couple of bucks if I feel like it and if I don't I walk on.. This is the same thing.

There are people that panhandle for a living.......they are the original go fund me tribe.

• Like 1

People thought there were freaks in the 1960's, but 55 years on it's worse x10.

From the nostalgia closet:

"Who could imagine that they would freak out somewhere in Kansas?

Who could imagine, that they would freak out in Minnesota.

Who could imagine that they would freak out in Washington DC?"

Frank Zappa from It Can't Happen Here . . . 

FZ was way ahead of his time as far as social comment goes. I wonder what he would have to say about the present epidemic of "flakes" that are allowed to mess with our lives. EG Our black faced wearing idiot prime minister up here in Canada. A real example of someone who deserves a one way ticket to Mars on a poorly built CPC rocket!