Dodge Deluxe restoration project

bobdog

1 hour ago, Booger said:

we're cheering you on Dog! Lots of skilled gentlemen in here. good Lord a ca black license plate

Fun fact about this car, is it originally was purchased somewhere in Florida and then a few after that(1949) my great uncle bought it. Then in 1951 he sold the car to my grandfather, to which they used as a daily driver until 1966. The car sat in a carport w/sliding doors for several decades and was started up every few months to keep it loose. Then finally I inherited the car in 2007 and sat in my garage as is until earlier this year. 

This is my carburetor off the engine  a BX-V-3.   After several searches on the web and through the archives. I have not seen a carb without a lever for the dashpot.  I'm wondering if this was done on purpose from the factory or maybe my grandfather had disconnected it and sealed it up. 

20210910_163117.jpg

20210910_163059.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 7:41 PM, bobdog said:

This is my carburetor off the engine  a BX-V-3.   After several searches on the web and through the archives. I have not seen a carb without a lever for the dashpot.  I'm wondering if this was done on purpose from the factory or maybe my grandfather had disconnected it and sealed it up. 

20210910_163117.jpg

20210910_163059.jpg

I wonder if D is or dashpot?  Mine is a BXVD-3

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

On 9/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, bobdog said:

Killing the rust and then giving it a shiny coat of black. 

20210910_163042.jpg

Keep us informed and please take plenty of pics. I'm about at the same stage but motor is still in. Had to stop due to planned eye surgery. 

IMG_4663 small.jpg

IMG_4686 small.jpg

IMG_4574 small.jpg

On 12/31/2020 at 3:58 AM, bobdog said:

Here is the block code for the engine. Now if I read this correctly from what I found, this block is from a truck and 1959.

20201231_005540.jpg

Same with my 48..guy was running pure water and busted the block in Winter. They put in a new 1949 Plymouth motor.