Dodge Deluxe restoration project

bobdog

Keep at it Bob. Brake conversion has been the most frustrating thing of my restomod.

I still have a couple drips, I've double flared some of the lines three times to still have leaks. I used the same tool you have, love that tool.

I also did the whole thing with no lift. I should have done it when I had the body off.

Looking good sir.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vin's 49 Plymouth said:

Keep at it Bob. Brake conversion has been the most frustrating thing of my restomod.

I still have a couple drips, I've double flared some of the lines three times to still have leaks. I used the same tool you have, love that tool.

I also did the whole thing with no lift. I should have done it when I had the body off.

Looking good sir.

Are you using steel lines,or the copper/nickel lines? The copper/nickel lines are easy to flare and don't crack.

53 minutes ago, Vin's 49 Plymouth said:

I used copper/nickle as well, I think it's a bit softer. Way easier to flare.

Since I'm not pulling the body off the frame; I don't have the room and the body has no major rust issues. So using copper/nickle line made it possible to make the bends from the passenger front back to the MC very easy. 

Edited by bobdog
Grammar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bobdog said:

Since I'm not pulling the body off the frame; I don't have the room and the body has no major rust issues. So using copper/nickle line made it possible to make the bends from the passenger front back to the MC very easy. 

Well,there are very good reasons all the car manufacturers use it now. Saves time which means it saves them money,and they don't have to worry about cracks or rust.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I think about it,it is actually shocking to see people restoring 4 dr 40's and 50's cars these days. Everybody back in the 60's and 70's wanted coupes,tudors,or convertibles,and you couldn't hardly give a 4 dr away to anybody but a junk yard.

Where the HELL were all these things hiding?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

When I think about it,it is actually shocking to see people restoring 4 dr 40's and 50's cars these days. Everybody back in the 60's and 70's wanted coupes,tudors,or convertibles,and you couldn't hardly give a 4 dr away to anybody but a junk yard.

Where the HELL were all these things hiding?

In the tien I live in, there's a nice "junkyard" filled with cars that date back to the 50-60s. They also have a few older cars too. Its the hidden secret that many don't know about.

• 3 months later...

Greetings all,

So it has been a hectic couple of months and the car project was put on hold during that time. So I'm happy to announce that my engine will be torn down this coming week and assessed for the necessary parts for rebuilding. Also I'm hoping to replace the entire electrical system this weekend too. 

Then after that the entire fuel system will be replaced( new tank, lines replaced, fuel pump rebuilt,etc...) Finally the cooling system will get an overhaul, which includes a complete water pump kit and necessary components. 

The radiator was sent out to be completely rebuilt, as I didn't want purchase a new one that might not fit. I will post new pictures when I can for all to see soon.

Thank you all for following me on this wonderful and emotional journey with this car.

Edited by bobdog
Grammar corrections
  • Like 3

Good to see another 4dr getting done...........I bought mine originally as a parts car as I had a 1940 Oz Dodge Coupe that I'd pulled apart but as this 4dr was complete down to the owners manual and hubcaps with 6weeks registration still on it I decided to do it up, after the "rebuilt" engine went kapput I decided to hotrod it and haven't looked back since........we, the Dodge and  I celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2 weeks.........lol............andyd

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobdog said:

Greetings all,

So it has been a hectic couple of months and the car project was put on hold during that time. So I'm happy to announce that my engine will be torn down this coming week and assessed for the necessary parts fir rebuilding. Also I hoping to replace the entire electrical system this weekend too. 

Then after that the entire fuel system will be replaced( new tank, lines replaced, fuel pump rebuilt,etc...) Finally the cooling system will get an overhaul, which includes a complete water pump kit and necessary components. 

The radiator was sent out to be completely rebuilt, as I didn't want purchase a new one that might not fit. I will post new pictures when I can for all to see soon.

Thank you all for following me on this wonderful and emotional journey with this car.

I gotta admit,I am a fan of your approach to rebuilding your car. Do it once,do it right,and then spend years enjoying driving it.

• Thanks 1