Fuel issues on my '53 Dodge Meadowbrook

Crisjr14

Ok Gentlemen have another favor to asking any one can help me out I got the carburetor kits put in the '53 only problem is the carburetor mounting gasket where the carbs sit on the intake the gaskets came to thin in the kits and no auto parts can give me the specs on thickness and I dont want to order them and be wrong so my question is this is there anyone can tell me what mounting gasket I need as to part # the ones I took off I put back on and I am leaking gas like crazy between the intake and carburetors they are carter ball and ball downdrafts DTC1 and D6G1 the old ones are about 3mm thick and they look like the ones that have like metal in the material in other words really stiff and sturdy material also they gotta have these notches on the inside please any part # or where I can order them I would greatly app it thank you for taking your time to read and respond 

Screenshot_20201228-105601_Samsung capture.jpg

I think the part number you're looking for is 637 191.  That said, try a parts store that still keeps parts books.  Some of the old books have full size illustrations of carb base gaskets.  

https://www.carburetor-parts.com

Might give this co. a call. They have some rebuild videos online U-Tube and sell kits and parts.

Happy Hunting!

DJ

https://carburetion.walkerproducts.com/carter/carter-carburetor-kit-1bbl-bb/

Gives the thickness on the various carb mounting gaskets they offer for the BB.  .062" on all of them though, which is about half of your 3mm estimate.  But if you are leaking gas like crazy as you say I don't think the issue is the gasket, I am using one of them and mine doesn't leak. 

That gasket is not exposed to liquid fuel in normal operation.  It is an air seal to keep un metered air from being sucked into the intake manifold after the throttle plate.  If you have liquid fuel there, it is caused by a needle and seat valve not closing, the float level being incorrect (too high) a leaking float or high temperature percolation.  When correct fuel at that point is fully attomized and being sucked through the manifold to a port while the engine is running.

The gasket can be thin. It is used to  fill in any spaces or gaps between the two metal parts onthe base of the carb and the top of the intake portion of the manifold. And yes you do need the slotted gasket since you do not have a govenor on the car.

I just checked on one of my carter original Carb Kits and for my 1939 Desoto Kit the same gasket that you ae showing has an approx thicknes of 1/16.  would assume that the same gasket would be used on all down draft Carter Ball and Ball carbs.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com