Post your art

Worden18

Someone sent me this way back. Not sure anymore who drew it(I see there is a sig but I can't make it out on my phone) and if it was drawn for me or just forwarded.

Hurricaneillustrations018.jpg

Edited by Young Ed
  • Like 1

I don't do visual arts, but how about listening arts? I've been playing around with musical instruments since I was about 10. I've yet to master one. However I do like to mix it up, trying many types of instruments. Sometimes, especially in the winter when we experience long cold nights, I'll sit in front of my Mac computer and record something. This came out of me last week. I perform all parts except the drums.  It's good clean fun. My number 2 hobby after my old Mopars.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

I don't do visual arts, but how about listening arts? I've been playing around with musical instruments since I was about 10. I've yet to master one. However I do like to mix it up, trying many types of instruments. Sometimes, especially in the winter when we experience long cold nights, I'll sit in front of my Mac computer and record something. This came out of me last week. I perform all parts except the drums.  It's good clean fun. My number 2 hobby after my old Mopars.

Very nice Keith!  I enjoyed that ?

I haven't picked up a pencil to do a decent piece in years. I like doing it, but life has kind of gotten in the way. At this point these are all 20+ years old......

My grandfather on my father's side plowing ground with a John Deere 730 done in charcoal. The original photograph was on the front page of a newspaper back in New Jersey where the original Hoffman family farm is. Now known as Christie Hoffman Farm Park if anyone is in that general area.

171861_152527274801992_560878_o.jpg.ae3684a366bcdfecfbbb35ba7f4a21bf.jpg

This is my grandfather on my mother's side chopping hay silage with his David Brown done in black and white colored pencil. The original photograph appeared on the cover of the Ohio Farmer magazine. 

170796_152527361468650_2937730_o.jpg.e32efe5afdc385a9aac000e9e2e05a7d.jpg

This was just a fun little piece I did with some colored pencil trying to forecast the future of what I wanted in a hot rod while I was still in high school. I drove my art teacher nuts when I started this piece - I knew what I wanted and there was so much black to put on before I could really start working in details. Once it started coming together he understood what I was going for. lol

171873_152527431468643_5838328_o.jpg.dab1720880ac2913547a49ef9ad167b9.jpg

Edited by HotRodTractor
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, HotRodTractor said:

I haven't picked up a pencil to do a decent piece in years. I like doing it, but life has kind of gotten in the way. At this point these are all 20+ years old......

My grandfather on my father's side plowing ground with a John Deere 730 done in charcoal. The original photograph was on the front page of a newspaper back in New Jersey where the original Hoffman family farm is. Now known as Christie Hoffman Farm Park if anyone is in that general area.

171861_152527274801992_560878_o.jpg.ae3684a366bcdfecfbbb35ba7f4a21bf.jpg

This is my grandfather on my mother's side chopping hay silage with his David Brown done in black and white colored pencil. The original photograph appeared on the cover of the Ohio Farmer magazine. 

170796_152527361468650_2937730_o.jpg.e32efe5afdc385a9aac000e9e2e05a7d.jpg

This was just a fun little piece I did with some colored pencil trying to forecast the future of what I wanted in a hot rod while I was still in high school. I drove my art teacher nuts when I started this piece - I knew what I wanted and there was so much black to put on before I could really start working in details. Once it started coming together he understood what I was going for. lol

171873_152527431468643_5838328_o.jpg.dab1720880ac2913547a49ef9ad167b9.jpg

Your drawings are fantastic.  I'm stunned at how good they are.  You should pick up a pencil again; it's never too late.  I waited 30 years to pick up a brush for an oil painting. Glad I got going again even though I don't find it easy.

1 hour ago, Worden18 said:

Your drawings are fantastic.  I'm stunned at how good they are.  You should pick up a pencil again; it's never too late.  I waited 30 years to pick up a brush for an oil painting. Glad I got going again even though I don't find it easy.

Thank you. I do pick up a pencil here and there and doodle.... but I just haven't been able to get in the right state of mind to do anything like this. I have a piece I would like to do, but I definitely need to get in that zone to do it. I have a fantastic photograph of my father on a John Deere 530 on the family farm back in New Jersey when he was in his 20s. It would certainly fill a gap in my "set" of farming men in my family that I seem to have unwittingly started. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HotRodTractor said:

Thank you. I do pick up a pencil here and there and doodle.... but I just haven't been able to get in the right state of mind to do anything like this. I have a piece I would like to do, but I definitely need to get in that zone to do it. I have a fantastic photograph of my father on a John Deere 530 on the family farm back in New Jersey when he was in his 20s. It would certainly fill a gap in my "set" of farming men in my family that I seem to have unwittingly started. 

I hope to see it posted here soon!

• Like 1

Yeah, my twin brother is quite the artist and musician.  He still draws on a regular basis, and he still has his trumpet from HS that he can still crank tunes out on.  He tried out for the US Army band out of HS and had made the cut, but they told him he had to enlist for something else first because there weren't any positions open at the time.  He joined the MPs and decided he liked that better.  I used to be a pretty good pencil artist, but can't prove it, and haven't done any of that for many, many years.  Getting a bit of inspiration herein to take it up again, especially during these long winters up here.

• Like 1