54 Savoy ignition switch...

gotmopar?

Previous owner removed the ignition switch in order to get a key cut. When he replaced it, he couldn't remember where the wires went. Car spins over, but won't catch. I have actually heard this car run before........Flat 6/3 spd. Good 6v battery installed pos ground and turns over fine. Does anyone happen to have a diagram/picture/description of the correct position where the wires would go on the switch???  Thanks in advance!!

Trace those wires . IGN. goes to the negative terminal on the coil. ACC. would power radio and heater if equipped or any other item that would only function while in run or acc . Obviously if it cranks over the power coming to the BAT terminal from the ammeter is ok and so is the ST terminal to the starter solenoid. I would trace that red wire before taking a wild guess. A simple meter is your friend. Also a shop manual has the complete schematic. I will dig through my stuff and see if I can find the schematic.

You have the ignition lead on the accessory terminal which is not energized when the starter is engaged.  

If you push start the car, it will fire right up.     Got a bargain on a 54 Plymouth with this error.  Ten bucks !