Use of car or truck for advertising?

Worden18

Does anyone here use their old Mopar to advertise their business or website, etc?  Logos on the side, decals on the windows, maybe parked somewhere strategically?  Post pics if you do.  I'd love to see them.  I have an idea for my vehicles.  It's in the works...

• Like 1

Posted this up in trucks forum, but you asked. I have a small auto repair shop,basically i work from home. 
a few years ago my son made up a sign that said Franks Garage, not the business name but it went up on the front of the shop. 
I took the sign a little further, and applied it to the doors of my 51 Fargo. 

55448799-1C32-4A9C-B653-0D99A91DABE8.jpeg

6DEBA49D-3E99-424A-8F32-4DA6DC135E67.jpeg

• Like 6

It's a surprisingly common practice up here to put a company or farm logo on a restored (often only cosmetically) truck, both pick-ups and big'uns, and park it out front, put it in parades, and an occasional cruise.  Personal garage logos on pick-ups is kinda common, too.  "Surprisingly" because of the frugality Mainers are known for. 

Edited by Dan Hiebert
  • Like 1

If your truck is a restored antique truck and you have an antique insurance coverage on the truck I would call your carrier to make sure this is ok with them. They might not permit you to do this considering that the according to their plans might be considered to be an everyday vehicle and being used for work purposes. Most antique carriers only permit limited usage.

So call the to get claification prior to putting the name on the truck.  If you had a non running truck and parked in the front of your business then I do not think there would be any problem but still not sure.

Another option might be to get magnetic sign made up so that when you are at a show or on a crusie night you can put the signs onthe doors while at the  show and then remove when not in use.  But followup again on this option.

Just FYI input.

Rich hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The next time I’m in Wickliffe, KY to visit family I plan to get a picture of the old rusty pickup in front of a local auto shop.  From the side it looks like a Powell Sportwagon, which really is unlikely that one made it that far east of the Rockies.  

image.jpeg.d1ffe652cb89d14f1b0525e6c77c1533.jpeg

This image is copied. 

• Like 1

Rich is correct. Be careful if you have classic car insurance. ANY commercial use can cause them to deny a claim. I have heard of people who used their car in a wedding fir compensation. On the way home he got into an accident. They denied the claim. I also know of someone who used his car in static photo shoots for years and then he checked with his classic car insurance. They said if he got into an accident going to or coming from a compensated event...no coverage.

I would double and triple check.

James

• Thanks 1

When I had my businesses, Scale Automobilia & Big River Book Exchange from 1996 to 2016 I regularly drove the Dodge to work & parked it all day outside the shop, as the business card had the Dodge pictured on it the parking of the car outside was a link to where the shop was located ..........was it safe?........well I never locked it but I did have a jerk back into the Oz passenger side as I watched one morning sweeping the sidewalk as he did it........I then oh so politely told him what part of his anatomy he could use to repair his hemeroids, also suggesting that I may insert the broom I was holding there as well........both passenger side door handles were broken and a couple of minor paint scrapes which his insurance paid for.........but I still kept parking it there...........lol.............Andy Douglas 

DodgeShop.jpg

• Like 3

My wife reluctantly pointed this one out to me about a year ago. It’s 3 miles from my house
827D59A4-71F7-4146-9941-E9DEB0644F32.jpeg.a0652fa1cc671739269d1e14bf585407.jpeg

I am patiently waiting for the “for sale” sign ? 

• Like 5

If my wife had seen that first, she would ensure we detoured around it from then on...for two reasons, one - if she had seen it more often, she would want us to get it, and two - it would have only taken me once...

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 9:46 PM, Brent B3B said:

My wife reluctantly pointed this one out to me about a year ago. It’s 3 miles from my house
827D59A4-71F7-4146-9941-E9DEB0644F32.jpeg.a0652fa1cc671739269d1e14bf585407.jpeg

I am patiently waiting for the “for sale” sign ? 

Keep an eye on that one- great looking truck with what appears to be the factory flatbed

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Saw this today and it made me think of tom’sb2b

D50A6302-423F-4B97-8F3D-4A8045151B02.jpeg.24194a0f91fec30f3331dfe5d487a3f3.jpeg

only made me think of him cause he does landscaping, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Saw this today and it made me think of tom’sb2b

D50A6302-423F-4B97-8F3D-4A8045151B02.jpeg.24194a0f91fec30f3331dfe5d487a3f3.jpeg

only made me think of him cause he does landscaping, lol. 

Maybe I should change my business name to "Kind Buds Landscaping" or maybe "Up in Smoke Landscaping" since I live in California. ??

• Haha 1