What's behind door number 1..?

Plymouthy Adams

that is a concern for sure...as there was no divider on this bay....these doors commanded barn style build....I thought of sliding doors but then when opened would conceal the other set of drive in doors.  This is what happens when you decide to expand on an expansion...my initial intend was not to enclose this space at all....but when the pecan leaves started falling....that decided that right quick.

I can say I got the other hung before dark...calling in a night....tomorrow is another day.

IMG_3935.JPG

The man is a high quality builder...it's all done right....

Not a crooked line line to be seen!?

• Thanks 1

Doggone that ladder.......If I even climbed halfway up that thing I'd get a nosebleed....lol. Fell off the roof once and a horizontal stabilizer of a TA-4J within a roughly 2 year period both times sustaining injuries. Hardpack on the first one and cement floor on the second, needless to say I have lost my nerve when it comes to heights.

I can easily see why you are nervous......these are quite wide ladders and bought for use with my walk board when doing eaves and siding...ladders can make many folks nervous....I have found that most of my ladder incidents stem from the next to lowest rung thinking I have made it to the bottom only to land my butt on the dirt..as Max would say, missed it by that much...it is trees I no longer wish to be up in anymore...lets just say as I get older, respect for heights become more of a focal point.  Last stabilizer I was anywhere near....C17...that sucker is a bit off the ground...I accessed it from the inside ladder while doing an inspection...fortunately I did not have to be on the outside to verify the item in question, only stick my head out the access

I like the hangar doors that have horizontal hinges, and fold horizontally. Winch operated. A few farmers put them on their shops. 

i sure like your building, not something that would work well up here, probably would not hold up to the snow load. 

snow load, I would also be a bit leary..do not have that concern where I am at.    The core structure is an engineered building and has a stated wind load factor of which is a concern but I really do not put much faith in that spec.  (must be on concrete for engineering data to apply)  Each carport I have seen erected even when bolted to concrete are very flexible units...even a small one with 6 foot legs, lean on it, it will move...this is not the case now as I did add a few girders here and there to eliminate this sway...did I do wrong by adding these....who knows...I did not like it swaying as before.  

the walk in door is to the right of the big big doors..it also is a set of drive through doors that angle to match the lean-to, smaller in width and height but will still allow access easily....will use the right half for a walk in.....there is also a third set of drive in doors on the back left corner of the tall bay....also not as large....7 high 10 wide.

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG