Old Mopars...What's On Your Wish List? Why?

keithb7

As the kids seem to have an automotive interest towards off roading I'd have to pick a willy's wagon(it's a Mopar by corporate buyout) or a plymouth trailduster or dodge ram charger. Love to have a flat fender power wagon too but not much good to the 5 of us. 

5 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

My wife said she likes the '41...she says the '42 looks like a wide-mouth frog. She can be cruel sometimes.

I can see that. I feel sometimes I'm attracted to the uglier body styles 

Don't tell my wife. ?

955e926c819e23060dea0f335792e406.jpg

PigFrog_8054.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A 1942 DeSoto would be pretty amazing. I'd also enjoy have a '39 Plymouth - four door. 

Oh, maybe a '38 Plymouth with suicide doors. I just think a Plymouth is the right size car for me overall. 

A Plymouth or Dodge truck from the 1930s would be really fun to have too. 

If money was no object, and I had plenty of garage space:

1931 Chrysler Deluxe Eight dual cowl phaeton. A guy in my car club has one. It's gorgeous. It's amazingly long and low. He'll never sell it.

1934 Desoto Airflow 2 door coupe. I just love the look and the engineering.

1924 Chrysler 5 passenger 4 door sedan. Just because.

Pete

kc0414-181700_10.jpg

1934-DeSoto-Airflow-2-Door-Sedan-Hood-Up-Black-sv-35mm-Hershey-PA-1970.jpg

117169_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Edited by Pete

exactly....but I do love that car...my uncle had one of these...1 of only two sold in the state of WV I am told...the other car plowed into a mountainside and then there was one...the tranny went out after a number of years so it sat.....I wanted it by unc had promised it to the first grandson.....he let it slip from the family without so much as offering it to anyone in the family including his uncle....but that is way things go...no sweat equity of any kind in the vehicle.

I've ticked one off my list, '36 Airstream, but its only the 6.

Hopefully one day a 1932/33 Imperial tourer or '34 Airflow Imperial, though my pockets are very empty currently, only if I had an offer on my '28.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

Actually made me LOL

On 11/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, tom'sB2B said:

I can see that. I feel sometimes I'm attracted to the uglier body styles 

Don't tell my wife. ?

955e926c819e23060dea0f335792e406.jpg

PigFrog_8054.jpg

I guess I'm in love with a frog then because all other 42 dodge, desoto, and plymouth offerings look like poo to me.........

I honestly do not have a wish list  for a vintage car. I only have dreams for trucks. A old 20's-30's might be nice. I think my 49 has all the modern comforts needed.

If & when I get my truck on the road to daily driver status .... I would like to get my wife a car ... maybe not exactly vintage but what a beautiful car.

slant 6, automatic, ps, pb, ac .... would run forever.

Year by year history and photos of the Chrysler/Plymouth Valiant, Duster,  Scamp, and Dodge Dart family

1970 hemi 4spd cuda, red with black vinyl top and interior.

1968 chrysler 300 two door buckets and floor shift.

1964 ferrari GTO

Mid sixties Jaguar XKE coupe

Jersey Harold - you posted about wanting a 4 spd Aspen wagon. My dad bought one, (special ordered it), 77 aspen 318/4spd overdrive. had a light blue interior with black carpet. Nice car until rust started 2 years after new....

Talking about aspen station wagons— my father special ordered one as well in cream, 225 super six(had a 2 barrel), 4spd with OD. He loved that car. I remember when our family picked it up at the dodge dealer. It had a Volare badge on one fender and an Aspen badge on the other. It was pouring rain that night and water ran strait down from the windshield on my fathers best shoes. He was really upset at the time. Turned out to be a great car as my learner and was full of rust by 1982 as well. I have had Cuda’s, dusters, and 340 demons, think I would love for a ‘64 Belvedere, 4spd and a 426 wedge sucking from (2) 4’s! Still love old trucks though as well.

4 hours ago, Dartgame said:

Jersey Harold - you posted about wanting a 4 spd Aspen wagon. My dad bought one, (special ordered it), 77 aspen 318/4spd overdrive. had a light blue interior with black carpet. Nice car until rust started 2 years after new....

I was in Buffalo in the mid-seventies so rust would definitely have been a big issue.  The shifters had white knobs---were they Hurst?

Well, no our's had a black shifter knob. I believe it was a hurst shifter although it did not say it on the shift arm going through the floor. I recall adjusting the shifter linkage and it seemed to me it appeared to be a competition plus.

Edited by Dartgame

8 hours ago, 61farnham said:

If money's no object then I could live this in the garage -   

1954 Plymouth Belmont concept

I think I would also get the "optional top for this a car if money is not a object!  ?

DJ

2 hours ago, plymjim said:

Ok, if it's alright to lust after concept cars how about a 

'56 Chrysler Norseman? You'd have to be a pretty

strong swimmer to get one, though.

I assume that was the Chrysler concept car onboard the doomed Andrea Doria. Pictures show it was a pretty cool car. Doubt there’s much left of it now. 

Edited by RobertKB

I'm looking for an 1938 Dodge RC 1/2 ton.

I've got into trucks the last few years and it would be nice to complete the trucks series with the '38 RC, '42 WC and '51 B3B. The '38 would also match my '38 Dodge D10 sedan