Old Mopars...What's On Your Wish List? Why?

keithb7

The years pass..We likely have an old Mopar or two, or three. Or more! Time runs its course. We aren't getting any younger. LOL. Perhaps there's vintage Mopar you'd like to possess some day. What car/truck, whatever, is on your mind? Unlimited funds. You won the lottery...Or at least have your wife's permission. Same thing.

Just for fun, we can dream.

I'll start.

#1 A big old Chrysler. Back to mid-30's. 2 door. Pre war you might call it I guess. 1938 Chrysler Imperial or Royal coupe would be do me just nicely!

Why? Chrysler to me, has the fit and finish, handling and looks of luxury and class. The bigger the coupe the better! Straight 8 NY'r coupe could work too!

#2. Dodge or Plymouth 1/2T truck. Same era. Pre-war. Why? Trucks are very nice! No luxury. Stock please. Hod rod resto-mod stuff need not apply.

I think I have a good chance to make this happen some day. Fingers crossed.

What's on your dream Mopar list?

I'd like the 41 Plymouth Coupe I had, also the 48 Chrysler Windsor and the 1968 Dodge Phoenix 4dr hardtop...........only problem apart from the money is where to put them..........lol..............andyd

• Like 1

1 An Airflow

2 Plymouth Valiant 61 or 62 2 door. Three speed manual

3. 1954 Plymouth four door.  Manual trans

4  1966 Plymouth Fury III 2 door Hdt. 383 4 speed manual

5  1959 Plymouth 2 door Hardtop. Engine doesn't matter as I have plans...

6. 1964 Chrysler 300 

7.  Plymouth Barracuda  Old model, big backlite.

8. A fifties DeSoto. Big Grill?

9. A fifties Power Wagon

10  1966 Chrysler Newport
 Now as to why. I either like them, had owned them,always wanted to own one, almost owned one, or enjoyed a friends car enough I want one.  

The list could go on for a long time.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook
  • Like 1

A39 Chrysler Royal.  Five rears ago I turned down on, estate sale find. I could have driven it home. I’m drill grieving.

non MOPAR, this truck, for sale now in Maine where we are going in spring. 

90D3BDD0-83BB-4AAC-86B9-F6C18BA6B183.jpeg

I love the Bugatti but it is the Chrysler Atlantic concept car I speak of, the Bugatti was not spelled Atlantic, it had the old world draw on the spelling....I would love to see one of these in real life...the straight 8 engine, the bejewel interior and rich leather...where the Bugatti is a style unsurpassed, the Chrysler Atlantic screams "richly refined"    Chrysler had a number of concept cars that if you were to view them you can see these very cars slightly subdued in design in mass production today.  Their horses did bear offspring.....even if mated with a mule

Frank, thanks for posting the picture...not sure how many of our forum may have had knowledge of this car....this is my choice for a personal luxury car.....DINK-mobile to say the least...the topic title greatly narrowed the list of 'favored cars'

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

There does not seem to be a lot of good photos floating around of a ‘38 Imperial coupe.  It appears as though 788 were offered that year. Straight 8. 3 speed. With overdrive I suspect.  It checks all the boxes for me. 

713CCF2A-F40D-46A9-AF5E-3FE9CF400A18.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 4

My taste runs towards plainer and more utilitarain.  In addition to my '52 Cambridge and '51 Concord business coupe, I'd lke a '65 Coronet 440 4-door, and a '76-'77 Aspen or Volare wagon with a floor shift manual transmission (wanted to buy one new, then chickened out).

1956 Plymouth Fury...Having seen one new on the road back in the day and since then lusted to have one ?....I missed my chance and now, not placing my odds owning one by winning a lottery.?

549609061_1956PlymouthFury(1).jpg.159bf3258979e45833fe5e903f0a451b.jpg

Edited by T120
added photo

Mine would be a collection of 33 or 34 Plymouths-

A pickup with a 340 4spd. or 727  or automatic with overdrive gear OK.

A two door sedan same equip.

A 2 door coupe, same

At least one of the above with the "sleeper" style & color/s.

Stock motors with upgrades on motor would be acceptable substitutes.

Dodges are great also but prefer the front sheet metal & grilles of the Plymouths even more.

DJ