WC intake heater baffle stud

Life is Good

Does anyone know the specs on the stud that goes into the exhaust manifold to adjust the intake heater baffle? I believe the portion of stud tgat goes into the cast iron manifold is a coarse thread vs fine for the end sticking out with brass nut. I need to know the thread specs inside tge manifold.

349243A5-89EC-43E1-83DE-3FBE18BA5786.jpeg

Uh......maybe grab a handful of bolts and see which one fits??

When I removed the apparatus from my P-15 manifold a found a common bolt that would fit in the manifold, but don't recall what it was....probably 5/16 or 3/8.

heat-riser.jpg.99630250f4a8288e52dfeca6fe21c791.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan

Im extracting the broken stud, so i drilled the center of stud out and i was hesitant to just try any tap without knowing proper specs. Anyway i went in with a 1/4 coarse tap and that was perfect, got clean original threads again. And the old residual stud threads spiraled out. Life is good once again. So if anyone asks you during thanksgiving dinner what size stud fits into a 40’s flathead 6 heat riser adjustment deelio.... you can tell em 1/4 coarse. They will be thankful I'm sure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Life is Good said:

Im extracting the broken stud, so i drilled the center of stud out and i was hesitant to just try any tap without knowing proper specs. Anyway i went in with a 1/4 coarse tap and that was perfect, got clean original threads again. And the old residual stud threads spiraled out. Life is good once again. So if anyone asks you during thanksgiving dinner what size stud fits into a 40’s flathead 6 heat riser adjustment deelio.... you can tell em 1/4 coarse. They will be thankful I'm sure. 

Ok.......you didn’t tell us you were extracting a broken stud......glad you got it out.