Gooseneck and receiver hitch installation in 1.5 ton

Lingle

Curious if anyone installed a goose neck ball in their bigger trucks?  looking at potentially installing one in my truck while building it.  Also, will need a good sturdy receiver hitch to pull a trailer, any ideas from the group on this as well.

Truck is using the stock 51 B3F frame so I understand it may require some fabrication.

Have a good holiday everyone!

Goose neck or Installed? No,

but my “HH” has a farmer fabricated receiver ?

image.jpeg.a3ef66bc0f8ec0862affa5272cdd4cbc.jpeg

make sure it is unhooked before lifting the bed.  LOL

• Haha 1

You can look at the newer oem trucks for inspiration on the frame mounts for the goose neck parts. For the receiver I'd suggest mounting it a bit closer to the frame than what is in Brent's photo...?

• Thanks 1

The best designed ones we have had over the years were made of 3 pieces of frame material (u-channel). (2) pc’s dropped down from the each frame rail approx a foot on a slight 15 degree taper, setting hitch closer to tail end and (1) pc welded to the bottom with a draw bar or receiver hitch welded on top. That is how I am going to fab one for my ‘47.  I have enough frame behind the rear spring hangers to make something work.  The goose neck will be a harder fab and truck sits a little too high in my opinion. The goose neck receiver on my late model dodge has a drop pocket (approx 6”) cut down through half the bed length and the truck sits much lower already. I will be watching what you come up with. Kevin 

Edited by 47 dodge 1.5 ton