Someone with a 1951 Parts book, not the multi year books...can you look something up for me please?

James_Douglas

6 hours ago, James_Douglas said:

I need the part number for the Fluid Coupling Seal Spring. They changed it staring in June 1950. I need the part number after that. I have 1320-558 later books show 1400-211.

What I want to know is does a late 1950 or early 1951 show 1320-558 or 1400-211 ?

Thanks, James

#1400211 housing type seal spring is shown for the late 1950 to 53 MoPars.

1320558 is superceded by 1400211 as you know.

I can find no # to supersede 1400211 in any MoPar or MoTors etc books.

Same 1400211 spring also used in 1955 dodge trucks. 

Just two seal springs used for 1946-54 full line cars and trucks.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

What has me going is that I cannot find any reference other than in the Service Bulletin for the 1320-558 part number. I suspect that for some reason the part number changed to 1320-448, but I cannot figure out why. All the Parts Books just show the early 854-362 and the later 1400-211.

That is why I asked.  Scratching my head. I am wondering if there was a change to the spring load either stronger or weaker that lead to the change.

James.

I looked the 1320448 up in the MoPar supercedence books.

It changed to 1400211...end of the trail.

Time to move ahead.

12 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I looked the 1320448 up in the MoPar supercedence books.

It changed to 1400211...end of the trail.

Time to move ahead.

Now you really should not have told me you have some supercedance books that specifically show old number and the new ones...

So...Any chance you can tell me if the following have a supercedance number?

James.

PS. I have one of the 1946 to 1954 Chrysler giant parts books, but it does not show older numbers just the latest one. What do the supercedance books look lije to I can keep an eye out for one?

None of those five #'s you posted are in five of my supercedence books.

Pics of supercedence books...

20201124_151701.jpg

20201124_151600.jpg

20201124_151523.jpg

I really need to get some of those!  I did get a 1971 Born Warner overdive interchange booklet recently. I am hoping I can score some parts on eBay by finding part numbers for for other cars that used some of the same internal parts from other companies. I have done that in other areas from time to time with success.

The big key is to have the books to know what to hunt for. Often people post on ebay a manufacturer number as opposed to an auto company number.

Thanks for the photos, I will go hunting for some of those books.

James

So, I find the part I am looking for on ebay at a very good price. In fact, I find two. So I buy them for $10 each. The same vendor has one more listed for over $50.

A week later the vendor cancels the order and the ebay system shows the cancellation was initiated by "the buyer".

The vendor then emails me in the ebay system telling me they cannot find them in the warehouse and to try Northwest Transmission Products for the part. All the while he still has one more listed on ebay for $50 or so dollars.

I have been buying parts form this vendor for years. Crap like this really pisses my off. I have real doubts about is they could not find the parts in the warehouse or the finally figured out they had miss priced the part.

Over several emails I asked about the part as I wonder about if we were talking about the same part for the price. He said it was not the part I was looking for even after I sent he a photo of it. The suberceedance book, thanks, shows it is. I think they screwed up and will not stand by their agreement to sell them;

If they could not actually find the other parts then he should have said he would honor the sale with the other part. This guy just lost a long time customer. The stupidity of short term thinking American business people.

I wonder was his name Mike ( Michael) by chance and the EBay sellers name changed 3-4 times in the past? Just a guess mind you.

DJ

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, James_Douglas said:

... the vendor cancels the order and the ebay system shows the cancellation was initiated by "the buyer".

Not quite the same situation, but I had something similar happen to me.  In my case the vendor contacted me outside of EBay, asking me to pay directly, to bypass Ebay.  I replied that I wanted to follow the Ebay transaction rules, and the vendor pulled the item from Ebay, erasing my (winning) bid, then relisted it again.  I didn't attempt to enter a bid again, so I don't know for sure, but I was very possibly blocked.

The individual 'DJ' mentioned does carry a lot of parts, and does tend to be really high.  But if it's the only place something is available, then one must either pay it, or wait until (hopefully) another listing appears.

47 minutes ago, James_Douglas said:

What does the "S" or "U" indicate in the column after the part number?

James.

As shown...

20201127_194325.jpg

Ok, but can someone explain to me what the functional difference is between "means use" and "means supersedes" is?

Does "Use" mean that it existed as a part number for something else and will work so just use it?

Does "Supersedes" mean that a new part was issues that replaces the old one but is not used in anything else?

James