Complete reared swap

maurice wade

On 11/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, maurice wade said:

Sorry, B body? That means nothing to me. Can you be a little more explicit? How about the drive shaft?

Road runner, gtx, satellite, coronet, charger, super bee, those are b bodies........so I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are not a Mopar guy. Welcome aboard you will catch the mopar bug sooner or later....lol!

Edited by Frank Elder

• 1 month later...

I’m replacing the rear in my ‘48 Plymouth with a ‘98 Grand Cherokee unit.  It’s a Dana 44 with limited slip and 3.73’s and will handle a good amount of power from my engine swap. Flange to flange it’s the same length.  Just have to remove the old link suspension brackets and make some leaf spring mounts.  Plus it’s an immediate upgrade to disc brakes.  But I’m also upgrading to front disc as well.  

Tractor Supply sells prefabbed spring mounts in their trailer repair area for not much money, u bolts and other hard ware.  Other similar stores carry the same stuff. You may need to radius the axle arches a bit but they should be fine for your job.