Motor mounts are shot-rebuildable?

Ranger

The motor mounts on my 36 Plymouth need replaced. Apparently 35, 36 and 37 are unique to those years and replacements are crazy expensive. Seems I remember seeing a company that would rebuild the front mounts. Does anyone have any knowledge of that.

I just checked my Oz 1936-1942 workshop manual and it lists the 1936 Plymouths here as the P1 & P2 and in the engine section it shows the exact same front engine mount rubber insulator from 1936 to 1942 and this appears to be the same as that used up to the mid 50's......and the same goes for the rear mounts , the pic shows the rubber insulators with a top & bottom, etc which appear to be the same as that used again up to the mid 50's at least..........now while there maybe some differences in these years the actual type of mount and looks like they would work over the 1936 to mid 50's period........if it was me I'd be seeing if I could obtain some and "make" them fit......................but I'm a tightwad and a hotrodder...........lol............andyd

• Haha 1

I picked up a 37 Plymouth engine/gearbox unit and it had rear mounts way different to my 38. There are some on eBay that look like them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pc-Set-of-Engine-Mounts-for-1935-1937-Plymouth-Dodge-/321093119888

Thanks to all. My front looks like the one on eBay. Checked Steele. $100 and three weeks. Rebuild time isn’t a problem She’s asleep for the winter anyway. Thanks again!

Edited by Ranger