UPS Truck

linus6948

Last Wednesday night we got a UPS delivery at 5:30PM and the driver must have been in quite a hurry as he decided to drive his 6 wheel truck across my front lawn for over 100 feet. What really made this special was we had over an inch of rain on the day before he decided to go off-roading on my grass. They`re  insurance company Liberty Mutual now wants me to get an estimate from a landscape contractor to repair the lawn.

lawn.jpg

lawn1.jpg

lawn2.jpg

lawn3.jpg

lawn4.jpg

lawn5.jpg

lawn6.jpg

lawn7.jpg

and this would be how you would handle it if they drove over your property leaving ruts....?  Maybe so...I had FedEx driver do a drive on, three point turn and leave ruts like you read about.  Filled a police report when they drove away with no regard to the wife trying to get their attention.  They said I was mistaken as their driver said they did not do that.  I gave them the police report, description of the driver and truck and the fact I have two witnesses and if they do not schedule the repair, I do not work cheap.  They paid my estimated repair cost post haste when I gave them the police report number.   Companies will walk and drive all you and yours if you let them....the flat denial was the fact that upset me the most.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

and this would be how you would handle it if they drove over your property leaving ruts....?  Maybe so...I had FedEx driver do a drive on, three point turn and leave ruts like you read about.  Filled a police report when they drove away with no regard to the wife trying to get their attention.  They said I was mistaken as their driver said they did not do that.  I gave them the police report, description of the driver and truck and the fact I have two witnesses and if they do not schedule the repair, I do not work cheap.  They paid my estimated repair cost post haste when I gave them the police report number.   Companies will walk and drive all you and yours if you let them....the flat denial was the fact that upset me the most.  

Yes I am a big boy and take care of my own problems I don't go crying to the authorities over something like a tire rut. Murder, robbery, or rape yes.......grand canyon in my yard no..........I was raised to be self reliant not to be a whiner.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

Yes I am a big boy and take care of my own problems I don't go crying to the authorities over something like a tire rut. Murder, robbery, or rape yes.......grand canyon in my yard no..........I was raised to be self reliant not to be a whiner.

Normally I would not  have been as upset but I had just put in that culvert and drive to my new property I had bought and cleared and spent countless hours of work in the process.  It was their denial they were even on the property much less did the damage that got me more riled than anything else....I cannot stand being lied to...liars and thieves I will hold accountable...simple err is usually not  a problem when accompanied by an apology.....if nothing else, it is a character lesson they must pay for in life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

I used to work for UPS. 

Explains a lot, I’ve seen you drive.... pulled up in the B2 and got out before it stopped ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We had the fuel oil delivery truck get stuck on the side of our driveway ("dooryard" up here) a couple years ago, took two of those gigantic semi recovery wreckers to get it out.  One to keep it from tumping over while the other pulled it out - with commensurate destruction of our yard.  It was early winter, all the landscaping places had already converted to winter ops and couldn't fix it until spring.  I had to repair the drive myself with my trusty shovel, rake, and wheelbarrow so we could use it.  But, the company insisted on repairing the damage, and on compensating me for fixing my own driveway.  It's an employee owned company.  The only trucking companies up here that won't fix what they break, or even recognize that they break things, are the log haulers.  

Well dealing with Liberty Mutual Insurance has been a fairly pleasant experience, they reviewed the pictures and I assume the video the UPS field supervisor took when he was here to view the damage. They also wanted a detailed estimate from a local contractor which I submitted and without any hesitation or argument they agreed to the contractors price of $1075.00 to repair the lawn. 

Back when I ran a couple of those wind farms we had lots of oil traffic on the lease roads, not sure what genius thought it was a good idea but we had agreed to maintain the roads.  Let's see, a couple F150 (our trucks) or dozens of 18 wheelers (per day) who tears up the roads?  Not to mention hitting the gates and such, all we had to fix.

When I first talked to my boss about the roads and he told me that we had agreed, in writing, to maintain them I told him I needed to double my road budget.  Didn't help that the prior site manager had blown off road maintenance, probably to make his budget numbers look good to get his bonus.  Needless to say I didn't get an increase in the my budget. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:00 PM, Brent B3B said:

Explains a lot, I’ve seen you drive.... pulled up in the B2 and got out before it stopped ?  

On 11/19/2020 at 2:23 AM, 48Dodger said:

You're a mountain of man Brent...Tom was probably bailing out before he crashed into your boots!

48D

I was just excited to see you guys. I'm crossing my fingers for April 2021.

Linus. At $1075. I'll welcomed my ups driver to do donuts in my lawn ??

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 2