Remembering Bob Drown

oldodge41

He was certainly a character. One time he posted a picture of his porch. There was a clock in the background that looked like it had a dodge truck on it. I asked him for a closer pic of it. About a week later the clock showed up in my mailbox!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

Bob was a good man. He helped me out of a pickle, no hesitation.

Even bought me a coffee. That 'Way Back Machine' of his.

Brought to mind a song written and performed by Tim Williams _ "It's Enough To Be Remembered". 

Bob was one of the early members I corresponded with and was always happy to talk and share mopar info........I remember that when I first got his details.......Bob DROWN who lived in a place called NEVERSINK...........lol.......now come on, Bob I wasn't born yesterday..........lol.........but it was true, and both he and his great mate, Cooper who accompanied him in all his Plymouth travels were truly good and dear friends.............and I miss him.............Andy Douglas 

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

And Franks notation of this thread brought Bobs passing back into focus again..................and I still miss him...........andydj

• 2 years later...

Andy, the village of Neversink was on a creek in a steep vally in the southern region known as the Catskill mountains (Dutch meaning Cats Creek)  The area was know for its many streams full of good clear water.  The city of New York was growing in population and there was an over demand for water in the city.  NYC is at sea level. The Catskill were near 700 feet higher.  So a program of daming streams and creating reservoirs, and building aqueducts began to satisfy the demand.

Several towns including Neversink were evacuated using eminent domain laws.  People and business relocated, the dams were finished, flooding the structures and properties. 

Interesting history to explore.where supply was created to meet demand, Civil Engineering, Commendation laws, came together to change the lives of people and places 90 miles apart.

Even now NYC is building new pipes and tunnels to keep up with still growing need for fresh water.  Bob probably had ancestors who were relocated to different homes as a result of these dams and reservoirs.  The satellite maps or Google earth can show the area, impoundment and reservoirs.