1950 Dodge Coronet Mirrors

Frank Gooz

mirrors were basically aftermarket and dealer installed...you have to search out mirrors for fit of base and the curvature of the neck and base is paramount to a well fitting look and ability to use without interference from the vent....therein lies the main problem for recommendations.  someone can probably tell you what they used but not necessarily what you would like in the end.  I modified some two different mirrors into a homogenized blend for what I thought was practical application and retained a good look about them.   Most folks see that as too much trouble....involved cutting and threading mirror heads... 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

This is an old pic taken before the vinyl top was replaced but it shows the rear view mirror I made by taking the mirror and part of a mirror arm and welding it to a piece of steel bar and fabricating the door hinge piece, also had to make a new longer hinge pin then get it chromed, I drilled, tapped & installed a grub screw in the top bracket to secure the mirror.........couldn't find a hinge mirror that fitted as they seemed to be only to suit Frods.....this was 40 yrs ago...............lol............andyd   

IMG_1538.JPG

3 hours ago, Frank Gooz said:

Stargrinder,

will you wing window open? That looks to fit the car. I like the size of the base did those come on your car?  That mirror diameter is bigger the mine at would help.

do you know where it came from?

It does open... not fully but sufficiently to let the air in.  I also included some other day light photos.

IMG_5704.JPG.86061f688677a13d4b22b42d4bcc1a73.JPGIMG_5703.JPG.583edec5e0bf32b36a02f8e8fc14b06f.JPGIMG_5702.JPG.7f9d0d391e846d6eb7ffb58196aaae1d.JPG

This is the correct OE factory mirror for your Dodge...one shown is on a 1950 T&C.... an extremely hard to find mirror

Mirror MoPar Outside 1949-52 Full Line copy (2).JPG

Mirror MoPar Outside 1949-52 Full Line copy (3).JPG

1950-52 Mopar OE Door Mirror.PNG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

A very similar, perhaps the same, mirror on my 53 Coronet convertible.  Believe it came on the car originally, as the original owner (from whose son I acquired it) kept everything stock.  Don't know the part number, but these are hard to find also.

IMG_0183.JPG

Same MoPar mirror as I showed^^^

Looks like maybe they were used thru 53 too.

This same part# mirror might have the three raised ribs on the side or might not.

Seen them both ways.