rear axle drain plug

Booger

its time to swap out that nasty 90w in Boogers rear end (yeah its funny)

square drive drain plug..its not 3/8 its not 1/4" grind down chinese allen wrenck...it fits put no go, dont strip it

what is it? wow and no inspection plate on the back of pumpkin

some say dont change gear fluids...they all bin happy in there dont mess it up

or why not large animal syring and suck dirty stuff outta fill hole?

what the hell is size is that sq drive? just for sxxx and giggles?

Ya' talking about one of those weird 5/16" counter sunk head plugs? Might be. Have been seen here before.

Most have gone to the hardware store and bought 5/16" square stock key way material and used various tools to fit it to turn it out. May help to tap strongly on the end of the stock before trying to remove!

DJ

46 minutes ago, plymjim said:

VINTAGE KEN TOOL G17 8-WAY DRAIN PLUG WRENCH DOG BONE

Look at the above item on e-bay. I thought everybody had one of 

these in the bottom of their tool box (at least everybody over 70).

Righteous 

I'm a punk 69er. I still drink Coors

22 hours ago, michaelmarks697@yahoo.com said:

its time to swap out that nasty 90w in Boogers rear end (yeah its funny)

square drive drain plug..its not 3/8 its not 1/4" grind down chinese allen wrenck...it fits put no go, dont strip it

what is it? wow and no inspection plate on the back of pumpkin

some say dont change gear fluids...they all bin happy in there dont mess it up

or why not large animal syring and suck dirty stuff outta fill hole?

what the hell is size is that sq drive? just for sxxx and giggles?

It is "pipe wrench". Screw the jaws down tight and smack the end of the handle with a hammer.

22 hours ago, plymjim said:

VINTAGE KEN TOOL G17 8-WAY DRAIN PLUG WRENCH DOG BONE

Look at the above item on e-bay. I thought everybody had one of 

these in the bottom of their tool box (at least everybody over 70).

Turned 70 in September and I didn’t have one.  Got one coming on eBay, $16 with shipping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michaelmarks697@yahoo.com said:

no its recessed sq drain plug. got me one off ebay G17 sq drain plug dog bone. never seen one before

gotta have $20 w/ shipping thanks plymjim!

IF it's not too late to cancel that purchase,you might want to look for a plug the right size at a hardware/plumbing store. Probably be less than a dollar.

My original plug was screwed up pretty bad from various people trying incorrect tools to remove it. I took it down to the hardware store and matched up a external square drive plug.  Easy to remove now. The judges at Pebble Beach will never see it. Works for me. 

C66D7BD0-9D9F-4CDD-A1B0-CC2AAB8F12DF.jpeg

that makes alot of sense to me.

Many moons ago I tried to sneak "the Bean" my 49 plymouth biz coupe (named so after the color of a garbonzo bean..and round) onto the 18th fairway of Pebble where they hold the Concours d 'Elegance. I was prompty asked to leave by Monterey County Sheriffs dept. my car every bit as nice as the Dussenbergs and Cords

• Like 1

19 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

IF it's not too late to cancel that purchase,you might want to look for a plug the right size at a hardware/plumbing store. Probably be less than a dollar.

I just might need it someday, then you can borrow it ; )

5 hours ago, keithb7 said:

My original plug was screwed up pretty bad from various people trying incorrect tools to remove it. I took it down to the hardware store and matched up a external square drive plug.  Easy to remove now. The judges at Pebble Beach will never see it. Works for me. 

Those concourse guys don't appreciate patina or plumbing fixtures I guess. 

C66D7BD0-9D9F-4CDD-A1B0-CC2AAB8F12DF.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keithb7 said:

The judges at Pebble Beach will never see it. Works for me. 

There is a Pebble Beach in western Canada also.?. I Did not know that.

After the lockdowns I may want to come visit that place myself!  ?

DJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

There is a Pebble Beach in western Canada also.?. I Did not know that.

After the lockdowns I may want to come visit that place myself!  ?

See you there next summer! http://www.nelsonkootenaylake.com/listing/pebble-beach;)

Don't mind the snow...It all melts by 4th week in August. It ends up in the lake. Swimming is so nice and refreshing!

Edited by keithb7

36 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

See you there next summer! http://www.nelsonkootenaylake.com/listing/pebble-beach;)

Don't mind the snow...It all melts by 4th week in August. It ends up in the lake. Swimming is so nice and refreshing!

I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan, I know all about refreshing swims.  I got a bad ticker and don't need that kind of refreshing, lol.

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

Well that appears a little far from my relatives around Hope,Penticton area and maybe some still some up by Lake Shuswap? , B.C. Canada.

My mother and her sister both visited several times over the years. Both have passed but I still have mom's address book. I was last up to Hope area around 1970 or '71.

My grandma's family came west to Ca. for a few years ( way back in time) then moved north to Canada. My grandma said too cold. And at 16 or 17 came back to Ca. to stay. Her brothers and sisters (5) stayed around Hope B.C. and spread out somewhat.

How far apart are those places from Pebble Beach, B.C.?

Then again a trip to Pebble Beach Ca.-about 2 hours or so sounds good also!  ? A bit warmer!

Sorry for so far off topic!

DJ

Edited by DJ194950
maybe to far OT?

the Concours d"elegance is no rat rod show. Held on the 18th hole of historic Pebble Beach CA its a big deal and the cars are breathtaking. maybe theres an Airflow out there

but thats an all together website, (I saw the Airflow club drive through Carmel one day, Wow!) so Mecum auctions can take a hike, we love ya but we drive our cars

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

Well that appears a little far from my relatives around Hope,Penticton area and maybe some still some up by Lake Shuswap? , B.C. Canada.

My mother and her sister both visited several times over the years. Both have passed but I still have mom's address book. I was last up to Hope area around 1970 or '71.

My grandma's family came west to Ca. for a few years ( way back in time) then moved north to Canada. My grandma said too cold. And at 16 or 17 came back to Ca. to stay. Her brothers and sisters (5) stayed around Hope B.C. and spread out somewhat.

How far apart are those places from Pebble Beach, B.C.?

Then again a trip to Pebble Beach Ca.-about 2 hours or so sounds good also!  ? A bit warmer!

Sorry for so far off topic!

DJ