Drivers Door spring for a 37 Plymouth

SteveR

My drivers door spring has broken. I am trying to figure out where it goes as it fell out of the door. I tried looking at the passenger side for a reference but I can't see it in there. Before I remove the whole latch mechanism I would like to understand where this spring goes. Also are the rear door spring the same as the front?

By door spring I mean the door handle coil spring. Right now the door will not latch. Not good for going around corners especially right handed ones.

Steve, in your original post back in October I referenced "Don's Auto parts".

His web site has pictures with measurements of these springs. If you found all

the pieces of yours maybe you could match them up. I think the latch mech. comes out

to replace the spring. Hope someone else on here can advise you. Good luck. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, plymjim said:

Steve, in your original post back in October I referenced "Don's Auto parts".

His web site has pictures with measurements of these springs. If you found all

the pieces of yours maybe you could match them up. I think the latch mech. comes out

to replace the spring. Hope someone else on here can advise you. Good luck.

I did contact Don's Auto Parts however when looking at my spring and matching it up I find my spring is from a 38. The 37 spring is a different size.

Thanks for the advice. I looked on the internet and found a photo of a 36-38 latch assembly. So it looks like I have to pull the assembly. Maybe I was too cautious but over here you don't have many luxuries if something goes wrong.