Spring Rate Measurements - Aussie Dodge 108 c

Hi All,

I am looking to get the springs reset on my 1957 Dodge 108c truck (Its an Australian truck) but rates would be similar to the US ones . It looks to have sagged about two inches front and rear. Does anyone have the original spring rates/measurements for resetting? I require at least the distance from the center of the spring arc to the height between the eyes ( C ) in the attached. Any help or pointers appreciated.

Thanks

spring rate.JPG

The distance from the frame to the leaf springs is about 6"; however, if ya look at earlier pics in that build thread, you will see that the spring hangers are below the frame.  This means the "C" distance that you are looking for will be less than 6", probably around 4.5" or so.

additional information - Dodge bodybuilder's layout

Dimension M can be used but you'll have to do some figuring to find the dimension that you are looking for...as stated in the previous link, I took measurements from several trucks in my fleet so it's not so much a documented fact from a reliable source but a general observation :cool:

• Thanks 1

Eaton spring made new original style leaf springs for my 1950 B2B. It may be worth a try calling them to see if they would give you that measurement. 

David A. 

Thanks so much for the input.

Should be enough info now i had forgotten about the body builder layout (i had looked at it but didn't "click"). I think id be correct in assuming the b series will be damn close to the c series (even with the aussie built stuff).

David im assuming "eaton spring" is www.eatondetroitspring.com never knew that existed! Useful information there too!

Thanks,

Andrew

Yes that is correct. Eaton Detroit Spring. I don’t know when they added the Detroit to their name. It’s maybe been there all along and I just never paid any attention to it. 

• Thanks 1