A fun afternoon out in my 1953 Windsor...A performance review.

keithb7

Thank's Keith for a very well done and very entertaining Y-Tube video!

Not many do them well like you do...

Thank you for the Chrysler road test entertainment!??

• Like 1

Great video, Keith.  Good plug for the NAAFH.     I now have an "Autostop"   Great accessory, like Studebaker's Hill Holder.

another accessory to look for is a "Shift-rite" gear lever knob.  Looks like your original knob but when you push the button on the end,

it will downshift your M6

• Like 1

1953 Chryslers had a chromed keg barrel shaped downshift knob to match the OE chromed knob.

This chromed metal knob I believe was a factory option. Not after market plastic Shift-rite.

I have one I think I can find to take a picture of it.

Thanks for the kind encouragement folks. I enjoy making the videos. It ties in nicely with my love for old cars, enhancing the hobby. Sharing my old cars with others, and helping others out is rewarding to me.

• Like 2

Keith,

I really like and enjoy your posts and videos. Thank you for taking the time to do them.

However, I have to ask, does Canada use a different calendar? Here in the U.S. Sunday was November 1 not November 2.

Just giving you a hard time.

Jim Yergin

Easy to get lost on proper dates! It was indeed Sunday. However Nov 1. You are right....The days, weeks, months fly by. I would not have been surprised if I said it was September. Feels like it still. What happened to the entire month of October? Gone, too fast.

Non-scripted, fly by the seat of you pants video recording...It happens, I slip up here and there.

Hi Keith. I also enjoy your videos. The mechanicals on your '39 are very similar to my '39. A question: what do you use to edit you GoPro videos?

Pete

On 11/4/2020 at 4:12 AM, Pete said:

A question: what do you use to edit you GoPro videos?

Pete

Hi Pete. I use a free program that I downloaded on my Mac. It's called VideoPad Video Editor. Here is a link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

You can download a Windows or Mac version for free and try it. I l have gotten pretty comfortable with it.  The software is not hard to use.

I only use the free options. It's enough to do what I want. The video editing and production is just a hobby. The software company wants $ to unlock it to use all the full features. I have not paid that. I see they offer a $5.50 per month, full version. I may try that for a few months. See how all the features work.

On a related note I have had several people ask what I use to record my videos. Most of my recordings are done with an iphone. I also have a Go-Pro Hero camera. There are countless mounting options for Go-Pro cameras. I have one that can suction cup onto the various surfaces of my car. It allows me to record interesting, cool angles of the car. I also have a head mount. Then the Go-Pro is up on my forehead. I can use both my hands to work, talk and illustrate my topic. It's pretty handy.

Edited by keithb7

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, pflaming said:

Keith, what gas mileage do you get with that great car? 

Sorry I don't know the gas milage. I really don't want to know either. Its purely driven for pleasure. Knowing my gas milage seems like a way to screw up the pleasure part of cruising about in a big old flathead powered car! lol.

• Like 1

Bad mileage and you don't care is driving one of these...

30" Nickel Moly block DT engines...comes only with a 25 gallon or larger fuel tank.

5-10 MPG...

Big red Engine Compartment (1).jpg

• Like 3