Redneck Rumble

Don Coatney

Second annual show in Lebanon, Tennessee held yesterday. If it is old and has 4 wheels (or 2) it is welcome at this show. Chance Moore was there with his 49 Plymouth woody. A handful of old Plymouths. I had the only souped up Mopar flathead 6. For more pictures follow the link.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/DonCoatney/Boro%20Car%20Shows/Lebanon%202006/Lebanon%202007/

l0714.jpg

l0716.jpg

l073.jpg

l076.jpg

l079.jpg

l0710.jpg

l078.jpg

I should have looked at that 4 door vert closer. I do not know what it is:confused:

That probably would not have helped you determine what kind of car that is. Just about every year at the larger swap meet we see something similar. Last month was no exception. Those hot rods are what we call the cleaning out the barn make of car. They are a little of everything the owner found laying around and bolted and welded together with wheels and an engine. Guess you could call them a crossbreed. They even throw in farm implement stuff on some of them. Some of the bumpers are just old pipes or box steel. Hood ornaments could be some type of plumbing fixture. Just somebody having fun creating something.:D

That probably would not have helped you determine what kind of car that is. Just about every year at the larger swap meet we see something similar. Last month was no exception. Those hot rods are what we call the cleaning out the barn make of car. They are a little of everything the owner found laying around and bolted and welded together with wheels and an engine. Guess you could call them a crossbreed. They even throw in farm implement stuff on some of them. Some of the bumpers are just old pipes or box steel. Hood ornaments could be some type of plumbing fixture. Just somebody having fun creating something.:D

There is a guy living just down the road from me who builds such things. The pictured car has parts from many. When I paid this guy a visit to look at a P-15 he was selling he found an old speedometer (non mopar) in the trunk of the P-15. He pulled it out and tossed it in the pile of parts to assemble this pictured car.

b4.jpg