Finally getting back to work on my truck.

Jim Roach

I am finally getting some work done on my truck. About five or six years ago I jumped in the truck to take it out after a long winter in the garage. I pushed in the clutch, took it out of gear, put on the brake and the pedal went all the way to the floor. I played around with it for a while, got disgusted, put the cover on it and forgot about. When we were forced to close everything down earlier this year it gave me time to start working on it again. I have a friend of mine that has a garage that offered to help. I had previously put together the entire front axle/brake assembly from Rusty Hope. So we just pulled off the old axle and installed the new one with the disc brakes already installed. We installed a new dual master cylinder with a proportioning valve. While we were at it I decided to go ahead with the dual carb/exhaust set up. We are still working on the fuel lines but should be ready to fire it up soon. I can't wait. I'll try to post a video when that happens.

thumbnail.jpg

Dual MC.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 5

Hi,

I have a 52 B3B and am planning on putting in disc brakes eventually, but am thinking I'd like to do it in stages. I was wondering what make & model of master cylinder did you use?

Do you think new/rebuilt individual wheel cylinders would work with a new Master cylinder?