Strange Conduit Bender from Auction

Ulu

This is a question for some old electrician with conduit bending experience.

I bought these benders at auction years ago, for a pittance, and they have certainly worked OK for me, but the one with a movable hook is a total mystery.

It's marked  "T&B Steeltubes Bender" 

It had a short handle and there's no pedal to step on. Is it removable? Is the pedal missing? Is this from a bench bender? Some roll-about unit?

4bends.jpeg

Never saw one like it but the steel-tube reference would stand for electrical metallic tubing also known as thin-wall or EMT. So my guess is that one is only for thin-wall and thus a "pedal" is not needed perhaps the changeable hook was for various sizes and the other benders can do both Rigid pipe and the thin-wall EMT.

I have owned conduit benders for years....finally made use of one of them when running the electrical on the unenclosed carport....no clue for the removable hook....these were given to me many years ago...I collect all tools to have on hand....you never know when you may need it.

Maybe so.

The other iron one is a Benfield Electrunite. The markings are much nicer than on the T&B.

The aluminum ones are modern style aluminum Gardners with the levels. Those are like $80 new.

I bought all 4 for $15

I miss going to auctions. Since the virus, they've been all closed down.

I still am able to don my mask and hit the flea market and of course the local pawn shop....I have a need for a hammer drill and the man who runs the pawn shop treats me most fair and stand behind his sales no questions asked.  Bought a hammer drill just minutes ago on the way back from picking up my special order meta....not battery powered but 110V....I have little need for cordless but they do make some nice cordless tools these days.   

Pawn shops here are all in a part of the county seat I avoid.

We have a tiny one here that only deals on jewelery, coins etc.

No tools nor shootin' iron.

Edited by Ulu

I stick with the grey plastic conduit, easier to work with for a old carpenter  :)

Although seems impossible a electrician could get by without owning a conduit bender, they have their purpose.

I love me a good hammer drill, I have a dewalt 1/2" with hammer option, real piece of crap. I have 2 uses for it, mixing up a bucket of drywall mud,thinset etc...  and anchors for screws in brick siding or other similar materials. I have drilled 1/4" holes with it in concrete ... she wont mix mud though  :(

The Bosch Bulldog is a excellent hammer drill. Lots of power and will drill concrete all day long, has the option to switch off the drilling and just use it as a hammer.

A good example is removing ceramic tile from a concrete floor. A flat chisel bit and can remove it like butter ... (almost) Can put a pointed bit in it and break concrete with it ... A lot of uses that many hammer drills do not have the option. If I find one at a pawn shop I will snatch it up .... also a good drill for mixing mud  ?