1938 Plymouth P6 Deluxe coupe

TimMuldoon

My Car has a 6 cylinder motor 25 long with a 3 3/8 bore. the only motor that match's that in 38 was a 230. I think it was used in a Desoto also. Since my car is Canadian made it did not used the 201. The 218 with a 3 3/8 bore was not made until 1940. Windsor put 25 inch engines in there 38 cars. They did not begin building the 25 engines until summer 38. My motor had to come from the USA. 3 3/8 bore is either a Truck motor or from a Desoto. Since Canada only made 10,000 P6 deluxe coupes maybe yhe USA increased production to accommodate Canada. So the options are small for a 3 3/8 bore. it has to be a 230 I am thinking. Unless Truck motors are listed under a different heading.  I need some help on this . 

Pull the pipe plug in the head over number 6 cylinder. Insert a 10 inch long piece of stuff wire.  Pull the spark plugs, turn the engine over by hand.  The wire will ride the top of the Piston and allow you to measure the stroke. With known bore and stroke you can determine the displacement.  What is your engine number?? It's stamped into the block above the generator.  Should start with P6.  Don't forget to replace the plug.

Edited by greg g