maintenance

Sniper

Got a little maintenance in on the Cambridge this weekend.  My son and I greased the car.  23 fittings later it's done.  First time he ever greased a car.  Of course I could not find my two grease guns anywhere so I ended up buying yet another one.  Which means I'll be finding the missing ones soon.  Taught him how to check the suspension components for slop and wear  then we talked about alignments, camber, caster and toe as well as their effects on tire wear, the FSM was handy with the tire wear pictures.  Then we busted out the IR gun and started discussing the cooling system. 

This all started because the brake pedal doesn't like to return fully, it used to just fine.  My first thought was the return spring but that wasn't it.  So we greased it and cycled it to no avail.  Looked like maybe the speedo cable was fouling it, but I had him cycle the pedal as I tugged on the cable, that wasn't it either.  So I checked the E brake cable, not it.  Looked like maybe the carpet was fouling it, so I pulled the carpet away to no avail, BTW I need new dust boots on the pedal and new bushings for the clutch and brake shafts. 

Not sure what the problem is right now but I am thinking that an ECI dual M/C setup is in the near future.  Been on the list due to a desire to put discs on it, but it wasn't high on the list.

59 minutes ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

I've had to pull mine apart and clean all the old, rock hard grease out first when my clutch pedal was sticky.

Hmm,  I need to take it apart to inspect the wear surfaces anyway, thanks.