Frank Gooz

I need some advise I have a 1950 Dodge Coronet. I am having tail light issues. I think I need a headlight switch. I can not seem to find one yet. and would like to know what some of you do for replacements. I have spent many hours on the internet and can get close. Most all are still 12 volt. some will pull instead of turn . some have a fuse.

I thank all of you for your help.

I'm not sure about the switches from the 50's but ones from the 30-40's are usually quite robust. I usually dismantle and clean and lube my vintage switches.

If you think yours is acting up and are going to replace it, why not try refurbishing it first?

As far as I know the headlight switcheis not voltage sensitive........I've used an original 1940 Dodge one running 12 volts since 1973 without an issue.......the plastic knob fell apart so I found a screw on metal one & rechromed .............works fine, thats it on the right .....andyd

P1010397.JPG

OK this might help you here is the MOPAr part number 1339691 50 Dodge

Chry same number 1951-52

Ply 1950-52 same number

I did a search on plymouth headlight switch with the original part number and found several.

So go out and seach this is a rotary light switch.

I was able to get this part number becasue I have been collecting catalogs over the years and have a tristate parts manaul that was used by the parts suppliers.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com