Why W****R and S**W are swear words.

RobertKB

I had the ‘51 Dodge D39 business coupe out yesterday (picture 1) because the forecast for today was S**W which proved to be correct (picture 2). First W****R weather so far. Things will likely improve for a bit and I might get my old cars out a few more times but the writing is on the wall. Old Man W****R is just around the corner. Glad I have a heated garage. 

9DA4CF4D-A7D6-46A1-8F3D-2C185EB030FD.jpeg.dd612a9874650f27cf9e1ad35e78be21.jpeg

6993D879-3AA7-4A41-B55C-6E04C7C3A337.jpeg.ca13fa2dad11b3088c7cca51252e8534.jpeg

• Sad 2

As an adult, i prefer not to hear or see those words. My vacation was cancelled in early march, and no hope of a trip south this season either. I am so disappointed. 
shop is hot,and will remain so until grass turns green. 
i am so fed up with cold weather. 

my project isnt ready for the road yet,will be in ‘21

Winter.  Snow.  There, I gone wrote it.  If the Moderators don't delete, then we're good.  Not swear words, but things many folks just don't want to experience yet (if at all in some places).  We've got two or three more weeks of occasional good weather to drive the old cars in up here, could be a couple weeks longer, but I still haven't installed the heater in the D24.

• Haha 1

We woke up to s**w this morning... Just yesterday I tucked my car in the garage for the winter. Last cruise of the year yesterday afternoon. How's that for timing?  How long will it last? We could call that dwell time. Not long enough where I need to file down the driveway yet.  It'll melt by noon today.

In 1966 them old cars are just that- old cars!  ?

Helped make convertibles even more rare .

DJ

The "W" word is welcomed by me here in Ca. after months of high 90's-107+ for months.  Lows here are mostly 40-50 overnight occasionally some 30's low.

Finally down recently to high 80's and headed down.

The "S" is never! Has been 30+ years since a dusting of that c--p.  Good to visit for a day, but.

The word Rain would be very welcome and a fair amount is Needed!

DJ

• Like 1

as I view these this very minute....my AC is running....however I know I will be building a fire in the hydronic not too long off.....got plenty of wood and I have not ran my ducting for the exchangers I have for the shop...told mums that is next after this outdoor work station addition to the barn.  Loops are run, pumps in place, thermostats etc on hand.  

lol, I have a snow shovel I bought 10+ years ago.  I think I used it twice since then.

I grew up in NW Indiana and one of my chores was shoveling the snow, with a shovel, by hand.  I shoveled the snow from the Blizzard of 79, by hand and that was after having spent 7+ hours delivering papers that morning.  Pestered my old man to get a snow blower, his response was "Why should I?  I have you".  The year I went into the service he bought a snowblower and my two slacker younger brothers never had to shovel snow.

Never again. 

I must be crazy. I live in an area where it never snows. Never gets below freezing even.

But I do volunteer work for the Forest Service in the winter in the mountains. And that volunteer work includes shoveling snow. Nothing like a multiple hour round trip drive to shovel snow for no pay at all. Worse than that, if it has been several days since the plow cleared our parking lot then the berms will have become more like concrete than snow by the time we get up there on a weekend and it often takes a pick as well as a shovel to clear the walkways.

If I lived in an area where it snowed, a snow blower would be first on my list of things to acquire. And the walkways, berms, etc. would be cleared before they compacted into hard to move “Sierra Cement”.