Door latch spring

SteveR

Hello guys,

I have just broken the coil spring for the door latch. Where can I get one or maybe 4? Who knows when the rest will go.

Thanks 

Steve

They are small enough that I have had some door springs mailed to me in a padded envelope once and another time just a heavier paper regular envelope wrapped lightly with tissue in the regular mail, just a bit of extra postage was added to make sure mail weight was covered. Both worked fine. Might be able to skip any duties on such "letters"??

Just a thought, not suggesting a tax dodge!  ?

DJ

Ebay is a mixed bag.  Sometime you find a "deal" on an item that's made up for in the shipping.  Sometimes the prices asked are crazy but the shipping is "free".  Sometimes both are insane.

I like RockAuto over Ebay most of the time.  I bought 5 of  Dorman 568010 

Amazon is $10.79 each, free shipping

Rock auto is $4.66 each with $7.89 shipping

Ebay is $10.11 each with free shipping

Local parts store lists it for $17.99 for a box of 5, but not available.  So not useful.

All charge a sales tax so the more you pay for it the more the tax is too.

Not hard to figure where to buy those.  Unfortunately, that doesn't apply to what you need. 

*Thanks for all the information but now I have another question. I see there is an upper and a lower spring. Where do they go? Is there a diagram or something that tells me a bit about the inside of the door latching mechanism? Also my car is a 37 but it seems that the 38 is different. I mention this because the dimension of my broken spring is for a 38.