How embarrassing, I got schooled today

Brent B3B

Normally I consider myself a mellow driver. But when an upbeat song comes on, the accelerator gets pushed and “game on” ?

Today on my way back from the home improvement store, I took it off the line against a new Ford Ranger,  the 3500 didn’t catch him. (Sighs) seems like I was slow off the line but, I held a steady car length behind him for a good 1/2 mile uphill. 

Maybe it was the fact he had a new truck? 

Maybe it was the tonneau cover he had? Maybe it was he was a younger driver? 

Oh well, I’ll give him that one ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My wife’s 2012 Kia Soul has 15 more horse power than the Hp 1982 Mustang I bought new had.  And probably could outrun it.  Every year the cars and trucks get faster and faster and our reaction time gets slower and slower.  I don’t even try anymore.

• Like 2

hey...mini vans are the best in daily modern driving.....I said I would never own one....now I have three licensed and insured along with my B250 Van.  Better than a dang truck for certain...easier to load, hauls as much and hauls it dry....I am not talking rock and sand...real stuff that is valuable and deserves good handling and treatment...

"Win or lose.......just glad to be in the race and not sittin in the stands wishing I was racing."

me.... at Stockton Speedway circa 2006

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

"Win or lose.......just glad to be in the race and not sittin in the stands wishing I was racing."

me.... at Stockton Speedway circa 2006

48D

Your so right 48, I unloaded from my trip to the home improvement store 

FA42D8EB-44AB-4C11-88EF-4C55DA443BAE.jpeg.bf0db9e4ee8dfcd49b99996df7fae572.jpeg

now, I’m gonna see if I can find him again. 

• Haha 1

We drove a 2001 Chevy Astro from 2002 till June of this year.  We put about 175,000 miles on it In that time. AWD, reliable, with the exception of the transmission which went out at 178,000 Miles I was able to fix any and all problems myself.  If it hadn’t dissolved to the point of concern I would still be driving it.  And if the still made them I would have bought another.  So, yeah, some minivans are worth it.  Funny thing is I paid the most fot it than any other  car I ever bought including the 2016 SUV that took it’s place.

My daily driver is a Tor-Red '09 Challenger R/T I bought new- 220,000 miles, so far.  When people ask me how often I get pulled over, I tell them the last two speeding tickets I've gotten have been while at the wheel of my wife's Caravans.