Dimension needed-'54 Dodge C1B6 rear differential

As noted above, I need the outside to outside dimension for my '54 C1B6.  I guess the baseline measurement would be from left side mating surface to the right side mating surface.

An aside:  once you reach 70 years old (+ or -) you should not depend on memory for measurements 

13 minutes ago, lonejacklarry said:

As noted above, I need the outside to outside dimension for my '54 C1B6.  I guess the baseline measurement would be from left side mating surface to the right side mating surface.

An aside:  once you reach 70 years old (+ or -) you should not depend on memory for measurements 

I think that applies to 63 (+ or -) as well :)

I've done my best to get the dimensions accurately. Not sure what degree of precision is needed. I'm probably within a half inch or less. I didn't remove the wheels, so I had to do a little math, but I was careful about it. 

The total width you are seeking is 62 1/2". Although the differential housing appears to be centered, or nearly so, the driveshaft is offset 1 1/4" from the centerline of the width I gave you. It's closer to the passenger side.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Are you trying to match up a replacement, or fabricating something like in your diagram ? 

Edited by WPVT