Seat Belts Save Lives

Noah H

Had a scare this morning as my old man was driving to the field. Lady was not paying attention to the road and hit dad head on with his 82 dodge rampage. Then the driver behind him had no time to stop. The seat belt saved him as well as the old Hell Camino. Let this be a reminder for all people to be safe driving on the roads, wearing seatbelts (maybe not on old tanks like we drive) as well as the safety of farmers who put food on our tables.

Noah 

62933A6D-0C82-4CA6-B274-53571E3ACF53.jpeg

D9A1B1B1-02FA-4767-92F9-57295027C478.jpeg

7405C6AD-C9FD-4C6B-9E3E-2DED78DB5EAB.jpeg

F67A0FD1-E78E-4E81-86F9-E5F4D02999F1.jpeg

Wow! That was a big hit. Really glad your dad is okay.

Before reading any of your text my eye caught the first photo and I thought that vehicle type looked familiar: I had a Plymouth TC3 Turismo that shared the same platform.

3 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

Great that your father did not sustain any major injuries, on the rampage side of things I always wanted to put a Chrysler laser front end with the turbo 2.2 on and in the rampage.......it has been done many times I’m sure, but I would love to have one.

3 hours ago, TodFitch said:

Wow! That was a big hit. Really glad your dad is okay.

Before reading any of your text my eye caught the first photo and I thought that vehicle type looked familiar: I had a Plymouth TC3 Turismo that shared the same platform.

4 hours ago, RNR1957NYer said:

Glad your dad's ok - that's quite a hit!  Too bad about the Rampage - looks like it was a good one.....

You definitely don’t see a lot of those rampages around anymore.  Used it as a milage vehicle. They get great mileage I guess a 40 year old seatbelts are still good. 

folks you got to give the makers credit for crumple zones....the passenger compartment looks intact...our old cars will not fair as well...old belts if not left with windows down and doors open will survive well and stay very operational and continue to meet safety standards.....BUT they are only as good as the metal they are anchored to...this is the lesson one needs to take away here also....good clean rust free mounting surfaces and properly displaced....they work wonders....I also am glad you father faired well after this hit...however...he is going to be a bit sore for a spell I am certain.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

folks you got to give the makers credit for crumple zones....the passenger compartment looks intact...our old cars will not fair as well...old belts if not left with windows down and doors open will survive well and stay very operational and continue to meet safety standards.....BUT they are only as good as the metal they are anchored to...this is the lesson one needs to take away here also....good clean rust free mounting surfaces and properly displaced....they work wonders....I also am glad you father faired well after this hit...however...he is going to be a bit sore for a spell I am certain.

He is sore indeed. We just replaced the rusty floor pans a couple days before the wreck. The seat belts were anchored to rust beforehand. It’s the little things. 

59 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I added seat belts to my 51, just in case.

I don't have them in my '51, and think about it when I'm driving around town. But, since I hardly ever drive it, I just keep on thinking about it, but, not doing anything about it. LOL. ?

Seat belts certainly play a part .... sometimes I think we need a little extra help.

No way a passenger would have survived.

Most my  damage was from the seat belt. Broken pelvic. cracked ribs and broken collar bone. punctured lung & lacerated liver.

The seat belt really was put to a test here and it passed with flying colors. Good chance I would be dead if not wearing it.

T-boned from a drunk driver.

I am thinking about  seat belts for the truck. My current driving habits is all in town 25-35 mph, I probably will not.

If I do a rear gear swap and start driving highway speeds Disk brakes and seat belts would be included in the swap.

I still need a seat, If I do not go stock, will probably go Chevy Silvarado  and they have the seat belts connected to the seat. I may end up with them anyways.

ouch2.jpg

• Sad 1