36 P2 Plymouth Trunk weather stripping..

Tierod

Did you try CLesters basically the same stuff as Steele but less $$.  Several people have told me there are only two places making the stuff so there isn't really a lot of different pieces out there.  A few years back some one on here said they bought some that was for a John Deere combine cab.  Wasn't expensive, came on a roll and the JD dealer cut off what he needed.  You might check the Ford Suppliers also.  Unless you are going for points at POC meets, don't think anything that seals properly is a problem.

Nice car by the way.  

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

Thanks Greg g..

No, Not going for points, just basic repairs...

Here are a couple of places I checked:
https://www.moparmall.com/1936-1940-MoPar-Deck-Lid-Weatherstrip-p/706-055.htm

http://store.oldmoparts.com/a-weatherstripping/trunk-rubber-sedan-12-6/a-345/

Clesters seem to have the best price...

Tierod-

Whatever you buy it seems that all are one long piece you cut to length.

From experience- be ready to install shortly as they all seem to shrink, mostly in length.  Some instructions I read from some supplier said to force it as tight as you can get it lengthwise as it in stalled and only cut to length as a last move , gluing the ends together as a final/final move.

From may not so good experience on my 50 Ply. 4 dr.. I Saved some extra material and will be able to repair since I did not glue my seal down after cutting. Was waiting until the paint was completed for a final install. 5 years later-almost there!  Did seal the trunk pretty well during those years outside -But!

DJ