Old guy with a new car and introductions all around

KyMoonshine

I started looking into the Turn Signals today, it has a Grote 966-4 and I have been searching for a wiring diagram online with no luck so far, anyone know how to wire this model up?

Thanks

Okay after digging around in old school bus forum I discovered that

Red-Left side turn

Green- Right side turn

Yellow - Flasher

Black - Flasher

So I am wondering which wire goes to load and which to pilot on flasher

Edited by KyMoonshine

Well the oil change went well ? lol

The NAPA 1010 oil filter canister does not come with proper size gasket for the oil filter housing so I tied to reuse the old one... It went very well, I started it and made sure oil pressure came up and were no leaks when idling, then when I backed it off ramps it must have started leaking, now to source a new gasket or make one I guess. 

20201012_191731.jpg

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, KyMoonshine said:

Well the oil change went well ? lol

The NAPA 1010 oil filter canister does not come with proper size gasket for the oil filter housing so I tied to reuse the old one... It went very well, I started it and made sure oil pressure came up and were no leaks when idling, then when I backed it off ramps it must have started leaking, now to source a new gasket or make one I guess. 

20201012_191731.jpg

It's likely your car was sold new without a oil filter canister,and your is an aftermarket one added later on by a different owner.

5 minutes ago, greg g said:

Mine has a 1080 gold in it. Maybe Napa has separate gaskets.  Mine did that the first time I changed.  Thinks it's part of new owners initiation process.

I just ordered a 1080 from local Napa and will be picking it up tomorrow, I am hoping it would have the proper size gasket

Today also reminded me I was out of floor dry ?

57 minutes ago, KyMoonshine said:

Today also reminded me I was out of floor dry ?

I like the fact you said oil dry and not cat litter.....If the neighbors cats wander into my garage I send them home more slippery than they arrived as I use them to wipe up oil spills.....?  NOT but I dang sure don't want a cat on my property just the same.....I shoo them out post haste

• Haha 2

Cats are a necessary evil up here.  Not fat lazy ones, but good mousers to keep the vermin population down.  Mice and their ilk are looking for places to winter right now.  I had my VW Beetle in the only place I don't let our cat wander in, now I have to replace the glove box, and start taking the engine apart to find out what the little *&^%!s plugged up that the car won't run.

38 minutes ago, Dan Hiebert said:

Cats are a necessary evil up here.  Not fat lazy ones, but good mousers to keep the vermin population down.  Mice and their ilk are looking for places to winter right now.  I had my VW Beetle in the only place I don't let our cat wander in, now I have to replace the glove box, and start taking the engine apart to find out what the little *&^%!s plugged up that the car won't run.

to bad the little bug doesn't run right now, a monoxide cocktail is in order....there are other methods over that of a cat for mouse control....I think it fits somewhere between myth and wives tale...!  We have had our first cool months collection of vermin...mice will be the second wave.....being surrounded by peanut fields...the little varmints are well fed right now to travel. 

10 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I like the fact you said oil dry and not cat litter.....If the neighbors cats wander into my garage I send them home more slippery than they arrived as I use them to wipe up oil spills.....?  NOT but I dang sure don't want a cat on my property just the same.....I shoo them out post haste

What if a cat with red wheels shows up?   Can it stay?

_

I have been going back and forth about the red wheels, I drove it about 100 miles yesterday and the old bias plys sure make for an "interesting" drive on the small two lane curvy road I live on lol, if I plan to drive this car the way I usually drive my old cars I really need to put radials on it and I will most likely paint the wheels black at that time, I do like the whitewalls but when I priced new radial whitewalls I almost had a heart attack (would be my second) lol

At the suggestion of a friend I did use some quick detailer on the entire car to get rid of the white chalkiness on the paint and now its a darker grey

And I fabbed up an air cleaner from parts from the hardware store ?  

20201015_181632[1].jpg

20201015_172015[1].jpg

So hello again, I was wondering if anyone could help me out? The car has pretty much new brake stuff all around except for master cylinder which a new one was included with the car, sometimes when driving in a parking lot or at slower speeds when you come to a stop one of the rear brakes will lock up and stay locked up with a full hard brake pedal until I crawl under and bleed the pressure off at bleeder screw, the guy that I got it from said he just put new shoes and wheel cylinder on that wheel and I can see it has a new rubber brake line as well, he said the shoes may not be centering and it was causing the wheel to lock up, does that should like something that can happen? or is it most likely the master cylinder bypass/relief stopped up? can I unstop it on car? or do I need to pull it and replace with new one? the trans plate is so rusty that removing it is going to be fun, I found a replacement cover on eBay for $100.00 and guess I will order one to replace it while replacing master cylinder. And once again thanks for any information.

Edited by KyMoonshine

Does you pedal have a couple inches of Freeplay before building pressure?  If not adjust as require to make Freeplay.

Also look in the bottom of the mc reservoir and assure you have 2 open ports. The larger is fluid to the piston, the small one is pressure release.  Debris in the relief port can cause brake lock up.  When this occurred is the brake lite on?  That indicates pressure is not being released.  Make sure the reservoir is not over filled and the vent holes in the cap are clear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, KyMoonshine said:

My dream woman would have red hair and green eyes ?

Ya have to admit that combo beats the hell out of green hair and red eyes.

• Haha 2