Eneto-55

I just noticed a variation between different DeLuxe model (P15) door panels that I hadn't seen before.  (Both of my cars are Special DeLuxe, so it's just a curiosity for me.)

I saw an ad on FaceBook today where the door panel does not have the stainless "star".  (at: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/353875349143913/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment) Looking through pictures I've gathered in the past, I found another one w/o it.  The second picture here is what I'm used to seeing on the DeLuxe model door panel, and I also have 1 or two of these 3-sided 'stars' from a car my brother had.

In the photo from the FB ad (1st pic), it certainly does not look like it was just lost.  What's the story on this difference?

door panel - DeLuxe (no star).jpg

P15 Deluxe door panel trim.jpg

20 minutes ago, Cannuck said:

My vehicle is a D25 and my door panels are the same as photo # 1 . I have seen both types of panels at car shows.

Once again it won't let me insert a photo.

Most likely photo too big. You can easily shrink it and resave the new size for posting.  

I have the stars but the original embossed trim cards are long gone, the deluxe did not have arm rests unless optioned that way, there is a cloisome Mayflower in the center of the dash.  Steering wheel has no horn ring, and center is different no plastic. The aux switch panel under the main dash is wood grained not chrome there is chrome waterfall trim. The door handle escutchions are stamped metal, the passenger side inside sunvisor was an option as was the pass side windshield wiper. There is no glove box lock, the dome light is manually switched, door switch was option. The window garnishes don't have chrome trim. The front vent window frames are painted, there is no bright trim on the windshield or rear window. I believe the deluxe hubcaps were 9 inch as opposed to 10.

defroster.jpg