1950 Wayfarer Transmission removed does engine need support?

duly

I bought this beauty and it is being transported, 2,000 miles away, so I am unable to inspect it. It was too good a deal to pass up. My question is if the transmission is removed do you need to support the rear of the engine like other vehicles? I asked on facebook and got a few different answers, just don't want to cause any damage during transport. 

Thanks,

Bryan

wayfarer.jpg

The rear of the engine is bolted to the frame  rear cross member.

The transmission can be removed and not affect the engine mounting at all.

• Like 1

the rear of the engine is supported by the bellhousing, which is where the rear motor mounts are connected.  the engine itself has no support in the rear if the bellhousing is removed.  So if only the trans is removed and not the bellhousing then you should be good.

• Like 2

Engine and bell housing rear mounting as shown...

C49 T&C Clutch disc Job Woodie (9).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Take a couple of minutes and remove the release bearing, the bearing fork and sleeve and the clutch adjusting rod & pull-back spring.    Without the gearbox in place the fork will bounce around - you probably won't lose it, as it's held in place with a threaded fastener, but the rest of the stuff could go bye-bye.

_

Edited by Hamilton