New Concord owner just saying hello

SuperGas61

4 hours ago, greg g said:

As has always been the case, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than driving a fast car slow.  I raced Honda Civics and VW on the ice for many years. 92 on ice is pretty thrilling.

You misspelled "insane".

5 hours ago, grea235 said:

I have a 52 Concord Fastback.  You can tell by the hood ornament too, a 52 is round, not a crest.  If mine were closer to stock I would have absolutely left it alone, but it had a lot of work done to it, so I added to it.  Motor (p23) is in the shop for a rebore.  All the top rings were broken and the #6 was scored.  I just put in a double din radio and a backup cam. The radio plate was already botched up.  I have an original if I ever take it out.  Transmission had a plug in the backup switch location so it was as easy as finding a backup switch.  I messed around with lowering it but it rode terrible in the front, so I put it all back to stock except for a F1 shock relocation kit. Rides very well.  Made my own fiberglass fender skirts.  The middle bar and teeth on the grill were pretty pitted so I took them out and put in a plastic mesh grill.  I think it matches the dechromed look.   Still cleaning up wiring as you can tell.  I put in new three point belts from Julianos.  The retractor sits on the floor in front of the back seat.  Putting the pivot into the pillar was pretty easy; I just had to modify the mount they had in the kit.

20200629_174054_resized_1.jpg.85cfd1c209329750f16f49b7fb54f96f.jpg

20200924_122834_resized_1.jpg.9bb1143eb04c4961fdbf892db4f2457d.jpg20200909_192032_resized_1.jpg.b247e6dbc891339bd6bb2c62d5ae7dc8.jpg

20200716_161457_resized.jpg.9b75316b2acedd9ab4a120b3e5cc4c80.jpg

Looks awesome! And thanks for the Juliano's tip...I've been on their site a couple times and have heard good things about them...

Gary.....welcome aboard from Oz..........nice car, here in oz we only got 4dr sedans until 53 when Oz Chrysler made a few Utes as well so your fastback is a real curiosity for me.......I'm a hotrodder at heart and was going to hop up a 230 for the 41 Plymouth Coupe I had.....I had collected a finned Edgy head, twin Offy intake, split headers & a T5 gearbox but ended up selling the car and engine etc...........duh!!.......but I did install a Beehive Oil Filter and HEI dissy, the HEI was the best thing I did to the car and the finned oil filter certainly made me think it had more get up & go.........lol..........but its your car and do whatever you feel comfortable in doing...........regards, Andy Douglas

IMG_1543.JPG

6 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Gary.....welcome aboard from Oz..........nice car, here in oz we only got 4dr sedans until 53 when Oz Chrysler made a few Utes as well so your fastback is a real curiosity for me.......I'm a hotrodder at heart and was going to hop up a 230 for the 41 Plymouth Coupe I had.....I had collected a finned Edgy head, twin Offy intake, split headers & a T5 gearbox but ended up selling the car and engine etc...........duh!!.......but I did install a Beehive Oil Filter and HEI dissy, the HEI was the best thing I did to the car and the finned oil filter certainly made me think it had more get up & go.........lol..........but its your car and do whatever you feel comfortable in doing...........regards, Andy Douglas

IMG_1543.JPG

Hey, thanks, Andy! I love those beehive filters...I may just go in that direction. I'll check out the HEI swap, too. One thing that I've thought about doing is trying to pick up and rebuild another flathead block--possibly one of the "big" blocks, the 251 or 265--and then see if that swap would be beneficial (I assume I'd have to move the radiator assembly forward to fit one of those). But I'd keep that project separate and otherwise just enjoy the car as it is...

23 hours ago, grea235 said:

I have a 52 Concord Fastback.  You can tell by the hood ornament too, a 52 is round, not a crest.  If mine were closer to stock I would have absolutely left it alone, but it had a lot of work done to it, so I added to it.  Motor (p23) is in the shop for a rebore.  All the top rings were broken and the #6 was scored.  I just put in a double din radio and a backup cam. The radio plate was already botched up.  I have an original if I ever take it out.  Transmission had a plug in the backup switch location so it was as easy as finding a backup switch.  I messed around with lowering it but it rode terrible in the front, so I put it all back to stock except for a F1 shock relocation kit. Rides very well.  Made my own fiberglass fender skirts.  The middle bar and teeth on the grill were pretty pitted so I took them out and put in a plastic mesh grill.  I think it matches the dechromed look.   Still cleaning up wiring as you can tell.  I put in new three point belts from Julianos.  The retractor sits on the floor in front of the back seat.  Putting the pivot into the pillar was pretty easy; I just had to modify the mount they had in the kit.

20200629_174054_resized_1.jpg.85cfd1c209329750f16f49b7fb54f96f.jpg

20200924_122834_resized_1.jpg.9bb1143eb04c4961fdbf892db4f2457d.jpg20200909_192032_resized_1.jpg.b247e6dbc891339bd6bb2c62d5ae7dc8.jpg

20200716_161457_resized.jpg.9b75316b2acedd9ab4a120b3e5cc4c80.jpg

Where did you get the 6ball shifter knob.

20 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

You misspelled "insane".

What are you trying to say?  I used to ice race in the far distant past, although we did do wheel to wheel.  I don’t ever remember doing 90 mph though, unless you count wheel spin.