Window glass

51 Dodge Dump

I have a 1951 Dodge B-3 Series 2 1/2 ton dump truck that need's glass replaced in all areas.  (Windshield/side windows/rear window) no vents.  Is the glass the same as for 1/2 pick-up or is it larger?  Looks to be the same to me, but do not want to order the wrong glass.  Vendor has not responded to me yet, thought some of you old-timers like myself would know.  Thanks in advance for the response.

Also if you have any glass in full pieces, you can bring to local glass shop and they can use as a pattern and cut new for you.

Or make a cardboard template and they can use that. ... Is just flat laminated safety glass. Not expensive.

Some shops may offer to create the glass then send it off to be tempered for more safety. Cost a little more, might be a 2 week turn around ... is a option.

I am sure ordering glass online works fine, I know some offer every piece in a package deal for a decent price, what if a piece breaks during shipping?

Just seems like a potential can of worms, when you have the opportunity to support a local business.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 51 Dodge Dump said:

Was the glass back then tinted green? Vendor is asking if I want green or clear glass.

Don’t know if it was tinted or not back then, but I went clear on mine. 

Mine from what I can tell is original, and Clear

34 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

I believe the originals were clear. I used the green tint on mine and I'm happy with it. The green tint was cheaper from my glass guy because that's what he had in stock. 

Ha! I knew it!

E301EF69-9DD7-429F-A524-8C7EAE40A78C.jpeg.f51d2cea9ccf5f971f08b873ba353c3c.jpeg

And the green glass also makes it look bigger than mine, LOL

• Like 1

1952 was the first year for factory tinted glass in MoPar vehicles.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

1952 was the first year for factory tinted glass in MoPar vehicles.

what is the “heat absorbing”  option is referring to in the parts manual? 

37BB2B75-CB3C-4A6C-84D9-934934365CD8.jpeg.2069e7952208b8a56ebf6e62b79cff88.jpeg

That would be the new tinted "Solex Safety Glass"...

Very slightly tinted green.

I've got clear in my 1 ton, and when I bought the 2.5 ton it has a lightly tinted brown glass which I really like.

• Like 1