Sisson choke

Doug&Deb

Maybe you have a very hard to find 1949 to 50 Chrysler eight choke unit.

Google images can be used at times to see what ya got.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

1 hour ago, desoto1939 said:

OK so when you are looking at the choke and you have the hole for the wire at the hole for the wire is at 6 o-clock and the unit is facing towards 12 o-clock canyou tell me on what side is the lever right or left.

It took me fifty years, but I finally found the guy who tortured me as a high school freshman by coming up with the question about one train leaving Chicago at 11:00 AM, traveling westbound at 60 mph, and another leaving Los Angeles at 4:00 PM, traveling eastbound at 85 mph ...

Sorry, Rich, couldn't resist.

_

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

It took me fifty years, but I finally found the guy who tortured me as a high school freshman by coming up with the question about one train leaving Chicago at 11:00 AM, traveling westbound at 60 mph, and another leaving Los Angeles at 4:00 PM, traveling eastbound at 85 mph ...

Sorry, Rich, couldn't resist.

_

the answer is simple...Covid assures both are burning fuel at a ridiculous rate given the fact there is little cargo onboard as there are no ground handlers, no mail being moved and precious few passengers...

Here is a picture of the sisson 8 cylinder choke and early plymouth desoto chrylser choke.

The first two shows how the top cover comes off the choke body and then the adjusting tool is inserted into the body to make the proper adjustment.  I have this really rare tool. I have shown this to the airflow club members at the Hershey swap meet and they have never seen the tool or even knew it exists. The last two show the top and side views of the choke.  These pictures were taken from my Sisson Choke presentation at the AACA annual meeting and lecture series.

Also showing is the Sisson Tool kit and adjusting tools the tool with the flat piece of steel and the wire is the tool used to adjust the 8 cylinder sisson choke. The wire with the loop is the tool used to setup the smaller sisson choke found on the 6 cylinder engines i also have several of these rods and also a manual that lists which sisson choke model was used on specific cars and it also has the information about the choke rods lengths and bends that were used along with the appropriate MoPar number

The top picture is the Sisson Testing stand that was used to verify that the sisson choke is and was working correctly.  I also have this original stand. This the only one that I have seen and I display this at Hershey every year and people want to purchase it You can cee the testing and setup pin tool in the background of the stand. 

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

image.png.d9792aea33bd4e4e6d4d2ff6885940a5.png

image.png.9c8c045d928c8253ec66e483c527b98c.png

image.png.a71ef372c860287b300608e31651cca3.pngimage.png.8cf62507979e7293342e9a194f67901a.pngimage.png.b55ea30d5d471a451a48f8210cf1b725.pngimage.png.c83c5dc35607adc4fdd10e0e7717364d.pngimage.png.8d4c71c4111c2518d396b6e4ed3faf84.png

image.png