DUAL INTAKE & EXHAUST MANIFOLD

lepic56

Hi you all
I was offer, through out Kijiji,  a dual intake and exhaust manifold for my 1951 Dodge with an industrial 251,  3 speeds standard tranny.
Question #1
I have to make an offer,  how much ($$) should I pay for this used kit, The owner said that is from a truck??!! Could it be too high for my hood???
Question #2
Does it worth it to have a a 251 with dual carbs & exhaust.. on a stock engine, ??

or I should go with it's set-up only if I installed with it,, hotter cam & higher compression ration?

dual intake.jpg

dual intake 1.jpg

dual intake 2.jpg

Edited by lepic56
spelling mistake

Re. Question 1. If you can put it to use and  the price you offer is within your budget, I would buy it. They are sought after, sort out the rest later.? Here is a couple of photos of a 1948 DeSoto with one of those manifolds installed.The L6 engine in the DeSoto is modified...

1341660927_1948DeSotoengine(1).JPG.cfcd2f034def07ec98e31ddb9e3f543d.JPG986281185_1948DeSotoengine(2).JPG.658f9d717fec972e018e2970edbecef4.JPG

Edited by T120
  • Thanks 1

From everything that I have read it seems that those intake/exhaust manifolds make a pretty big difference on even a stock engine. If I had the chance I would buy that in a heartbeat. No idea on what it's worth but if the person selling it doesn't know how rare it is you may be able to get it for a decent price.

• Thanks 1

I've seen prices all over the map on those. I know that if I had a chance to buy another set I would buy it. 

There was a set on Ebay recently that was partly NOS and they were asking several thousands of dollars for it. 

Over 10 years ago I bought a complete engine with all the dual manifold trimmings - I gave a grand for it and I felt that was a steal. 

• Thanks 1

That set up was usually on the 265 trucks. I think they advertised a couple of horsepower more than the early Mopar V8 of that time.

If you can get it for a reasonable price go for it. You can always flip it  if it doesn't  do much with your 251 cam.

• Thanks 1

Is your engine 23 or 25”. What length engine is the dual set up for? Even if it won’t fit your car and the price is right, it would still be worth buying and moving on. Looks like linkage comes with it too. 

Edit...........I see you are from Quebec so assuming your engine is 25”. I say go for it if price is decent. Just curious, what is asking price only if you don’t mind answering. You can PM if you prefer. 

I’d be interested if you’re not. I’m in Lethbridge, Alberta........so still in Canada. 

Edited by RobertKB
  • Thanks 1

Be nice with the factory linkage too.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RobertKB said:

Is your engine 23 or 25”. What length engine is the dual set up for? Even if it won’t fit your car and the price is right, it would still be worth buying and moving on. Looks like linkage comes with it too. 

Edit...........I see you are from Quebec so assuming your engine is 25”. I say go for it if price is decent. Just curious, what is asking price only if you don’t mind answering. You can PM if you prefer. 

I’d be interested if you’re not. I’m in Lethbridge, Alberta........so still in Canada. 

HI

THE ENGINE IS A 251 (25")  , I don't have a clue for the price,,, the seller is asking me ''How much it wort to me''?? I really have to call the seller tomorrow and maybe he has more stuff,  The seller is answering an add on Kijiji that I wrote..  I sure like to buy it, even if it don't fit, so somebody from forum, like you RobertkB , can enjoy it..   Stay tune with my offer and conter-offer!!   lol

The seller was asking $700 ca  ($525us)  . I got it for $600ca ($450)  ,,  it will be complete with factory air cleaner, linkage et all other bells and whistles.. 

More pics when the seller has finish to put everything together for me..   I think it's a deal at that price?? 

What do you think?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lepic56 said:

The seller was asking $700 ca  ($525us)  . I got it for $600ca ($450)  ,,  it will be complete with factory air cleaner, linkage et all other bells and whistles.. 

More pics when the seller has finish to put everything together for me..   I think it's a deal at that price?? 

What do you think?

I think you could sell it to me and ship it and still make money. lol

• Haha 1

This is another photo of the 1948 DeSoto Coupe that has the same dual intake/exhaust fitted as you are buying...gets a lot of attention from the MoPar crowd. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...