Swap meet score

Doug&Deb

Excellent...anxiously looking forward to our scheduled swap meet and hope nothing will cause it to be cancelled alike all the previous events this year.    I just flat out enjoy walking about all the parts and stuff and find it most entertaining day and seldom do I ever come away empty handed as there are so many cars to shop for....and of course, always a list of shop sundries to roust up when there.   Sad part is the loss of my friend who would attend the events with me. 

It's always good to score a good buy.

8 hours ago, Doug&Deb said:

These chokes are getting hard to find. I’m not aware of anyone reproducing them. When you do find one they can be expensive. The last one I bought was 130.00 and that was 20 years ago.

Just do a search on ebay and for NOS they are running around @200 and up.  So if you find a good one at a swap meet for a good price then grab it if it is used and in good condition. Check the sping on the bottom and make sure there is no binding inthe lever action.

I have a testing stand that was sold by Sisson that was used inthe Dealership.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Hi can you show the test stand please.

A lot of ebay sellers seem to be jacking prices to the moon these days...mainly on vintage car parts.

I don't use ebay like I used too.

Wish the swap meets were back to usual.

I think most e-bay'ers have the impression that with the swap meets pretty much in limbo status the moon is the new low for pricing...its the ones that orbit Uranus that are annoying.....

so far we have one swap meet still scheduled to take place at this time....I feel it will be a high traffic event....I will go early to avoid a bit of the daily working class people who cannot take off work....that is, given they working at all....strange times for sure.

5 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

A lot of ebay sellers seem to be jacking prices to the moon these days...mainly on vintage car parts.

I don't use ebay like I used too.

Wish the swap meets were back to usual.

That's not going to happen until after the election is over. Then,suddenly,like magic,it will end.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

Here is info onthe teting stand for the sissonchoke. from rich hartung

image.png.78c23339d03573ace909f4933d30cffe.pngimage.png.085acd83c3320160f0bfcf039a96ba8d.png

I'll give ya $12.50 for it,which is twice what it sold for new.

Wadda deal I am making for you!

The testing stand and all of the factory tools came with it and also in the factory leather case.  This is the only one that I have ever seen and the tools a very very scarce to find.  Has the tools to adjust the Chysler eigth sisson choke and the regular choke that we have on out 6 cylinder cars.

So if the chokes are selling for over $200 what do you think the testing stand is worth?

Not for sale at this point but in some future date will be, when I sell the 39 Desoto  and also my factory Miller Tools at the same time

This was a neat find on Ebay about 12 years ago and I have done several lectures on the stand and the testing and the use of the tools at several AACA clubs and at the AACA Annual Meeting that is held in February in Philadelphia.  Have several Sisson choke catalogs and manuals on the choke rods lengths.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

That stand is so cool....love Miller tools...especially that one with the additional necessary tools, and service info.!