Rocker Moulding Trim

Conn47D24

Getting set to tackle this trim for the rockers.

I bought these several years ago, original paper wrappers, but not Mopar.  Obviously OEM / After.

Part numbers are correct for my D24 Club Coupe.

Two forward clips / bolts are spot welded in place.  One odd bracket at the rear also spot welded.

SEVERAL question if you all could help me out again.

First , what is this weird clip at the rear, and why is it a horizontal?

Also, I've mounted a clip, is it in correctly ? 

If correct ,  how can the moulding set flush against the body with this TAB sticking out ?

IMG_20200917_130209.jpg

IMG_20200917_130218.jpg

IMG_20200917_130249.jpg

appears correct....the clips are attached first to the rocker of the car and locked into place, look close at the way it is made and you will see how the top should latch to the clip and the snap into place at the bottom....affix the clips first and then the molding itself with the front and rear locking bolt/screw clips in position, it is snapped onto the clips you just affixed and secure the ends with the nuts/screws as applicable...

• Thanks 1

I just went through this in my 49 royal. The rocker moulding was not attached when I bought it. Definitely there should be a place under the car for what you call a weird clip. I found the boltsand washers still in the body. My clips are a different style. Had a body shop help me. They bolted the front down first and then beat down on the rocker moulding clips  to get them to pop into the rectangular cutouts in the body. The back bolt was the last to tighten. Yours are different and straight. I dont see a locking tab on yours. I had a few of the tabs broken and bought so

me extras on Ebay. Really should pop into the body somehow to hold it tight. Not sure how yours clips would lock??

Jeff

20200917_190334.jpg

• Thanks 1

I found this photo here on the forum.

Seems the clips sit with the TAB under the sill.

The "weird " clips spot welded at the back end also sits under the sill edge.

Makes sense seeing it.

Only issue I may have is the sills that were installed years ago run even with the rear fender.  Ill mock it up and see how it looks.

Thank you all.

sill5.jpg.ee9b4d2f0ddea72cb4bed43b23c6cde6.jpg

Conn47D24, I have a 46 P15 that uses the style clip that you show. They bolt on the outer sill, 1161787, I think is the number. If you have rectangular holes in your sills, you would use 1237955 clips. That is what my 49 P15 uses.

• Thanks 1