cabin fever

Plymouthy Adams

While I always have a ton of stuff on hand needed attention, lawn to be cut and never ending maintenance about a 110 year old house....I am slowly developing withdrawal symptoms with the cancelled swap meets.....a new venue is slowly being organized now....this will be the first show since last November...hopefully it will not get cancelled and folks attending will have a bit of common sense about themselves.  While I find so few parts for my Mopar and British cars....they do allow for lots of shop sundries to be snarfed up.  

sorry to hear that....I did not attend our latest cruise in....rarely ever do as there are so few cars of interest on the average..my buddy did attend and state similar observation as yourself....this is why we often have issues after the fact or the cause for total cancellations.  I am not sure of the root cause of such social behavior in today's events, activities or shopping experiences except to say many do not like being 'directed' in any manner be it positive or negative.  I do not want this to go political....as social behavior is personal to each party

Sadly we only have one car event per year in this town .... no swap meets either  :(

I do miss going to swap meets, we do have a small town a hour away that has a annual swap meet, more household items, T-shirts etc then car parts.

We never bothered to back to the next years event.

Will have to start driving 2-3 hours one way to get to any decent swap meet ... sigh if I was only not so lazy  ?

2-3 hours in nothing for a well organized swap meet.......you just not at all pro-active....I will drive anywhere from 2 to 6 hours for a large swap meet event with no questions asked...it is a full day of entertainment...the 6 hour one way event I usually incorporate a sleep over and make it a two day event.  

I can relate to the cabin fever statement. It's been a long year with few engaging car events. I've not been to a swap meet since last Sept. All events continue to be cancelled. In addition to all the Covid related stuff, the news media is really dragging people down. On top of that, this week we're socked-in with wildfire smoke here in my area. I had a trip planned in my '38. I cancelled it as I was  headed to an area that is even closer to the fire source. The air is thick. The sun blocked out. It's feeling sort of apocalyptic around here lately.  Not too fun. Many of us will surely be happy to see the calendar roll over to 2021. Hopefully bringing more good with it, as we say good riddance to a year of gloom.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

I've managed to get out and about a little bit up here in Ohio. Mostly just out driving a bit, but the local "Labor Day Festival" was altered into a "Celebration" because you can't have a festival, but the rules say nothing of celebrations. Included in that celebration was a "Preview" where everyone drove antique cars, trucks, and tractors through town because we were not allowed to have a "Parade" due to restrictions. 

The event was fairly muted compared to past events, but all in all it was still pretty quality. I wasn't there full time, but I didn't see anyone getting out of hand. 

Other than that - I've been too busy with work all summer to even worry about doing anything extra curricular. Since my specialty is essentially industrial automation - many of our customers have been investing to improve production with less workforce headaches due to COVID restrictions. Work even has us traveling again to visit customers - which I was quite surprised at.