Bench Seat Removal 1950 Dodge Coronet

Stargrinder

It is probably an easy process but I don't want to break anything if I can learn something from some of you smart folks.  I am trying to remove the bench seat from my dodge coronet.  I am however unsure of the appropriate process to get to the bolts that hold the seat in place. I am guessing the skirt comes off some way to make it easy to access.  Any recommendations?

Lift out the seat cushion. Bolts for seat

frame should be easily accessible then.

The bolts they're attached to are "nut plates".

hit them with some CRC or WD40. You don't 

want to twist them off. Good luck.

I found out on my 51 Plymouth that you just lift the front of the rear seat bottom straight up.  Unlike my 65 Plymouth there is no hook there and you do not need to "knee" the front of the seat n as you lift.  As said, once you get the bottom out you can see and access the bolts for the bottom hold down of the upper seat cushion.

15 minutes ago, plymjim said:

Lift out the seat cushion. Bolts for seat

frame should be easily accessible then.

The bolts they're attached to are "nut plates".

hit them with some CRC or WD40. You don't 

want to twist them off. Good luck.

Thanks for your quick response....
So the front seat cushion just lifts out?  What I am trying to do is replace the padding on the front cushion.  If I don't have to remove the whole seat frame that will be a plus.  I just don't want to damage anything in the removal process because I want to reuse the same upholstery.  

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I found out on my 51 Plymouth that you just lift the front of the rear seat bottom straight up.  Unlike my 65 Plymouth there is no hook there and you do not need to "knee" the front of the seat n as you lift.  As said, once you get the bottom out you can see and access the bolts for the bottom hold down of the upper seat cushion.

Thanks Sniper.... I was looking to remove the front seat cushion... I should have specified.

5 hours ago, Wes Flippen said:

I have a '50 Coronet. Front seat cushion just lifts out. It's wedged in pretty good, but it will come out. To put it back in, I usually use a plastic pry bar along the front to ease it back down into the skirt.

Thanks Wes.  I am going to try it this evening.